Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilingual Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Proxy to File scenario.

In one of the field we have some russian characters in the Proxy. Now we are dumping the File at receiver side into a folder in XI as a txt file.

For the field which has Russian Characters, file is taking some junk characters (????????).

Is there a way to handle this problem and maintain the Russian characters at the receiver side in file.

Thanks,

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already checked the option as Binary. Still not working.

And also how do I make sure that my file supports UTF-8.

The xml generated shows UTF-8 Encoding automatically.Where else could I check.

Can this done by using Module.

xmlAnonymizerBean or some other?

Thanks,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

If you are getting - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> - in your XML payload, then no need to use xmlAnonymizerBean in your adapter module.

You can change the encoding attribute of the XML declaration by using "anonymizer.encoding". But since you are already having UTF-8 encoding, then no need to use this.

You might want to check that department of the client who is managing this file server.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Try checking the documents mentioned in this thread:

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

As far as I know, Unicode consists of all the known characters in the world and UTF-8/16 is based on that. PI uses the same technique to convert those characters.

Changing it to ISO encoding ... I am not sure how much it will be helpful. But worth giving it a try.

Vikas - You can use the ISO encoding, but I really doubt that will make a difference. If it works, nothing better than that

Regards,

Neetesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

If the file is supporting UTF-8, then it shouldn't be a problem. Please check that as well, apart from the pointer given by Satish.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

In your file receiver communication channel there is a parametr File Type. Try having the value in Binary and then give a try.

Regards,

---Satish