cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

work centers in network - multiple activity types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we created a project with an wbs element and assigned a network and some network activities to the wbs element.

Now we assigned a work center to the network activity (Int processing). I can assign one activity type now, but Is there a way to assign multiple activity types to one work element? (Our cost centers are setup that they require multiple activity types.)

Thanks

Anne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

where can I assign multiple activities to a work center in PS?

Thanks

Anne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

You can assign a maximum of 6 activity types for a Single Activity. You can do this by creating 6 activity elements under one single activity. Maintain the same in one work center, say DESIGN.

Under DESIGN work center, in CNR1 assign multiple activity types in costing tab. For eg; Draughtman, Engineer Etc.

Then in your project, assign different activity types for the corresponding activity elements.

Regards,

Kabir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kabir,

thanks for your answer.

I don't get the part where I need to assign different activity types for the corresponding activity elements in my project.

I created one activity : element1.

Then I assigned 2 elements to element1: work1 and work2.

Now I assigned the same work center 101501 to work1 and work2, but a different activity type (Inspection and setup). So work1 has inspection and work2 has setup.

When I want to save I get this message:

Missing formula in work center 101501

Message no. CK430

Diagnosis

In routing or network , you have entered the standard value 000 for operation 0100. Operation 0100 is performed at work center 101501.

Based on the formula in the work center and the standard value in the operation, the system computes how much activity is expected for the activity type. This activity is valuated on the basis of the activity prices in cost center accounting to calculate the planned costs for the operation.

In the case at hand you have not entered a formula in work center 101501or you have deleted the formula in work center 101501.

System Response

The system cannot calculate the planned costs for operation 0100 because you have not entered a formula in the work center.

Procedure

Check the master data for work center 101501. Specify a valid formula for cost center assignment.

Make sure that the formula you select contains parameters that take standard value 000 into account.

Thanks

Anne

Edited by: Anne on Aug 24, 2009 7:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anne

I noticed this thread is in status "Answered", but it seems no solution in the answer list. I also meet this issue, too. Following is the error log.

Missing formula in work center Z_WC_004

Message no. CK430

Diagnosis

In routing or network , you have entered the standard value 000 for operation 0010. Operation 0010 is performed at work center Z_WC_004.

Based on the formula in the work center and the standard value in the operation, the system computes how much activity is expected for the activity type. This activity is valuated on the basis of the activity prices in cost center accounting to calculate the planned costs for the operation.

In the case at hand you have not entered a formula in work center Z_WC_004 or you have deleted the formula in work center Z_WC_004.

System Response

The system cannot calculate the planned costs for operation 0010 because you have not entered a formula in the work center.

Procedure

Check the master data for work center Z_WC_004. Specify a valid formula for cost center assignment.

Make sure that the formula you select contains parameters that take standard value 000 into account.

Do you remember how you solved this problem? Thanks in advance for your time.

Guizhou

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

look at my forum

best regards

zlf

Former Member
0 Kudos

In work center tcode CNR2, go to the costing tab.You have a table for Activities overview and you can assign multiple activity types there. This activity types can be selected against a particular activity inside a network from the drop down.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

I have that already. Now I want to assign more than one activity type to ONE activity element in a project.

Is that somehow possible. Standard only lets me enter one single activity type

thanks

Anne

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I enter 2 activity elements with a different activity type each, I get this message:

I was wondering what they mean with standard value.

Thanks

Missing formula in work center 101501

Message no. CK430

Diagnosis

In routing or network , you have entered the standard value 000 for operation 0100. Operation 0100 is performed at work center 101501.

In the case at hand you have not entered a formula in work center 101501or you have deleted the formula in work center 101501.

System Response

The system cannot calculate the planned costs for operation 0100 because you have not entered a formula in the work center.

Procedure

Check the master data for work center 101501. Specify a valid formula for cost center assignment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anne

Let me know one thing here, are you setting up Production work center athrough Project Work centers PS Txns?

if so, please choose Producton work center Txns to set up work centers there you can get routing etc and also you can assign different types of activity types for each operation.

There are Standard SAP formula to calculate cost, time etc depending the type of activity you set up in work ceter.

Since your selection of formulas is in correct system showing an error or warning message.

Regards,

PSR