cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDI Broken DC in CBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After changing the runtime conditions in the Landscape Configurator all my development components from my tracks are flagged as 'Broken DC' in the CBS. Why is this the case? How can i fix the broken components?

Thanks for all your help.

Sivajan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Broken DCs result geneerally from incompatible DCs. Are these DCs that you have coded? or are they SAP provided ones?

At the time of activation through NWDS, did you check the box "Activate even if build fails" ? If yes, uncheck it.

You can get more information from build logs in CBS.. just why the DC is failed (usually shows a java exception )

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

These are standard SAP Components. I have imported the ESS and MSS Packages. I have not made any changes to these objects. After modifying the runtime system in the landscape configurator from the CMS, all my development components are marked as broken in my track (within the CBS). How can I fix these. Do i need to check in all the software components(listed below again) and reimport them back into the track (both dev and cons tab)?

SAP_ESS

SAP_MSS

SAP-JEE

SAPPCUI_GP

SAP_BUILDT

SAP_JTECHS

Please note, i have not yet set up the NWDS, i am still setting up the standard SAP components in the JDI Environment.

Many thanks for your help

Sivajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I stated before: reimport the 3 base SCA's (SAP-JEE, SAP_BUILDT, SAP_JTECHS) into the track.

When you changed the runtime systems, the track was reset and then you need to reimport the SC's that are listed as required for development.

If you go to the CBS WebUI, you'll notice that it lists 0 DCs for all required SCs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pascal, That worked.

yasu_ramaiah
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello!

The solution described by Pascal works perfectly...Thank you Pascal.

For the below error -

Info:Starting Step Check-assembly at 2006-06-20 18:22:39.0471 -4:00

Info:Checks for software component SC1 are performed now:

Fatal:Contact CBS administrator: Nonempty list of broken DCs -stopping export now

Error:list of broken DCs:

Error:DCNAme1

Error:DCName2

Error:DCName3

Info:Step Check-assembly ended with result 'fatal error' ,stopping execution at 2006-06-20 18:22:39.0799 -4:00

That is re import the SAP JEE's, SAP JTechs and SAP Buildts will fix the above type of error

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You probably need to reimport the 3 base SCA's.