cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Handling Unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone guide me which BAPI/FM to use to create Handling unit?

And, How to update the delivery with the HU information?

Was able to get the Handling Unit number through FM V51P_FIND_HEADER given the packaging Material number.

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ~All

I am sending you all who have requested for the document on handling units.

I hope this document is useful to u all

Actually it was bit discouraging that this thread was closed without rewarding points to anybody.

Thanks

Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The sending, requesting and distributing of Copyrighted Material by any means other than legally purchasing of said material is illegal and against international law. Continuing in such behaviour may result in legal action.

Suspension of your SDN account and loose of all points may occur as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Hi Rajasekhar,</b>

I have mailed you the document on Handling Units.

To create a Handling Unit you need to use the following BAPI Functional Module

<b>BAPI_HU_CREATE</b>

check the following Documentation:

<b>FU BAPI_HU_CREATE</b>

Text

<b>Create Handling Unit with Items</b>

<b>Functionality</b>

You can use this method to create non-assigned handling units without stock information. These handling units may also be created with items, if you like. Serial numbers can also be included for each handling-unit item at this point.

You can also create nested handling units by accessing this method more than once.

Example

<b>Example 1:</b>

Creating a non-assigned handling unit with packaging material PALLET with a "Planned HU" physical status:

HEADERPROPOSAL: pack_mat = 'PALETTE'

hu_status_init = 'A'.

<b>Example 2:</b>

Following access of the above method (example 1), the return parameter HUKEY returns the ID of the handling unit that was created in the KEY = ID1 field. To pack the handling unit that was just created in another handling unit, call up the BAPI_HU_CREATE method again with the following import parameters:

IHEADERPROPOSAL: pack_mat = 'CONTAINER'

ITEMPROPOS AL: hu_item_type = '3'

lower_level_key = ID1

You have now created a nested handling unit (a pallet inside a container).

<b>I suppose this will solve your problem.Also go through the document.</b>

Thanks & Regards

Pawan P.Khilari

<b>*Mark Helpful Answers</b>

Message was edited by: Pawan Khilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Business Add-In BADI_HU_DIALOG gives you access to various methods that you can use to influence, change, and enhance the transaction behavior of the general packing transaction.

You can use the Business Add-In BADI_HU_MAIN when you change handling units, to include new checks, to update customer-specific tables, and also to change HU header data (in part).

For more information and/or for implementation go to Customizing for the component Handling Unit Management and choose System Modifications ->Business Add-Ins in

Handling Unit Management