cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid XML character in BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am running BAPI_QUALNOT_GETDETAIL in an MII Transaction (MII v12.0 b88) and receiving the following error message

[ERROR]: RFC Execution Error: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x11) was found in the element content of the document.

I think the offending character is in one of the returned tables (NOTLNGTXT). The BAPI runs fine in SE37 for the same QN, where the output is shown as "<0x11>". I believe this string was entered literally in QM02.

I tried removing the offending table from the requested dataset, as I don't use it anyhow, but that made no difference.

does anyone know how I can get round this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

BAPI works fine in MII 12.0.6. We are running ECC6.0. Please take in mind, that the Notification number have 12 character

and you need to provide the full length (like, 000000000304).

Cheers

Pedro Iglesias

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

I think the problem with the BAPI is with handling the xml embedded in the string field. Internally it works fine, but externally it does not. It may also be that MII is not handling it properly. But the UI in SE37 does have some additional formatting features that are not invoked in using a BAPI externally.

I would also enter a ticket for the user who would enter something like "<0x11>" in a notification field. ;-).

Perhaps it would be better if the QN UI rejected xml structures at the input.

Regards,

Mike

Remember, "If you try to make something idiot-proof, it will only work until a more capable idiot comes along (and they always do)."

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

That sounds like a bug. I would enter a ticket (against the BAPI).

Regards,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Aug 21, 2009 2:21 PM