cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abap Servlet vs J2EE Servlet and more...

former_member189501
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

in short time we would like to start to use in production the new features of MI25 SP16 (pilot programme) like:

_ Abap Servlet instead of J2EE Servlet

_ MDI Setup Packages (Parameter Set, Device Configuration,

_ NWA

Someone already experimented these features ?

I would like to share impressions and experiences on them.

I'm not able to find any WEBLOG on these arguments.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello mauro,

i already had implemented both features in one of the customers.

what do you wanna know about?

jo

former_member189501
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jo, Hi Kishor

Problems I find till now with Sp16:

_ Not all the parameters are available iin NWA to create the Parameter Set. The parameters for the Repetitive Sync are missing for example.

A workaround is necessary.

_ It's not possible to create the MDI package including the gateway settings to syncronize across a WebDispatcher.

Questions:

1) The Abap sync reached a good stability ? In your experience with Abap Sync did you encounter problems like timeout or dumps related to memory parameters ? I would like to prevent them.

2) I have 20 end users (at the end they will be more than 100) using MI25 Sp15 through J2EE servlet.

They are managed by WebConsole at the moment.

They syncronize with the middleware from the interner thought a WebDispatcher.

In order to move them to SP16 using Abap Sync I'm thinking to do:

_to upgrade to SP16 the middleware

_to change the internal port of the WebDispatcher in order to route the syncronizing request of the end-users to the Abap Sync port.

-to assign the SP16 package in WebConsole to the users

3) While the users are working on theyr devices with SP16,

I will prepare an MDI Setup Package and I will send it to them.

A part the user used for the creation of the MDI package the Hierarchy in NWA will remain empty. That because I would avoid confusion (but I do not know is it's the right strategy)

In this way when the users need to reinstall their devices, they will use the MDI setup Package.

The problem is that when this will happen, as the users are not present in the Hierarchy I do not know if they will be able to setup theyr devices and to syncronize.

Any advise ?

Regards and thanks in advance

former_member189501
Participant
0 Kudos

Other question:

DO you know if MIAUTH really works in Sp16 ?

Have you any direct experience on it ?

regards

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro Barone ,

<<<

Not all the parameters are available iin NWA to create the Parameter Set. The parameters for the Repetitive Sync are missing for example.

>>>

These are the different tables for storing the Configuration Parameters.

MEMGMT_PARAMETER - Parameters for the Configuration Service

MEMGMT_PARA_COND - Possible Parameter Values for a Parameter

MEMGMT_SERVICE - Device Management - Agent Description

Values from these tables are displayed in the search help during the creation of Device Configuration.(DEVICE_CONFIG).

<b>As a workaround.what u have to do here is...</b>

1) just create an entry in the MEMGMT_PARAMETER like this..

PARAMETER ID ZREPSYNC <u can put ur own name here>

AGENT ID MI_CONFIG

2) create an entry corresponding to the parameter ID mentioned above like this..

PARAMETER ID ZREPSYNCE

PARAMETER VALUE MobileEngine.Sync.RepetitiveSyncEnabled

SET PARAMETER X

GET PARAMETER

TEXT parameter for rep sync

u have to create PARAMETER IDS for these values also

MobileEngine.Sync.TimeBetweenRepetitiveSyncs

MobileEngine.Sync.MaximumNumberOfRepetitiveSyncs

refer the details of repetitive sync.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6f/177c40ffd3cd62e10000000a155106/content.htm

<<1) The Abap sync reached a good stability ? In your experience with Abap Sync did you encounter problems like timeout or dumps related to memory parameters ? I would like to prevent them.

>>

Obviously this can perform better than the J2EE Sync Servlet mechanisam as the communication is direcly happens without any interfaces like JCO.

( In the case of Synchronization, most of the time is utilizing for the XML conversion of data .The data from the MI server is passed to the MI client in particular format. Before sending this data to the MI client , that has to be converted into particular format .)

<<Regarding MIAUTH SyncBo>>

This is used for authorising the user during synchronization.

In each synchronization , using this SyncBo , the user credentials are fetched and compared against the users current installed applications. This will happen in each sychronizarion.

In a fresh MI server , we cannot see this SyncBO in the SyncBO builder.

After fresh installation , u have to explicitly import one request using merep_mig (Migration tool) transaction.

How to do it is explained in this forum..

<b>

refer these links also ..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/818ac119-0b01-0010-ba8b-b6e...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1347914d-0801-0010-0f97-f735...

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello mauro,

the SP16 ABAP sync is a part of the Pilot program. there are

already some known issues related to the pilot functionalities

like MDI and so on... are you with the Pilot Program?

i will not recommend you to use the new functionalities for

production if you are not in the Pilot Program. you won't be

getting any support if you encounter problems with the new

pilot functionalities. but for experiment case, you may make

use of the new pilot functionalities.

with the ABAP sync, we didn't encounter any problem.

we had both the standard and the pilot functionalities

enabled but didnot run any performance benchmarking to

compare them.

with NWA, there are some functionalities that still needs

enhancements and will only be functional with limitations.

since it is only a matter of changing the parameters and

gateway settings in the client to switch from the standard

to pilot and vice-versa, it would be worth a try though...

regards

jo

former_member189501
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jo, Hi Kishor

thanks for your suggestions .

(i try to give to both of you 6 but it seems not possible)

We are using ECC5 Sp15 as backend (system A), and Web As Abap+Java SP16 (system B) as a middleware for a MI25/MAM20 scenario.

The distributed scenario was required directly by Sap. Yes, we are in Pilot.

As we want to test the SP16 patch1 MI25 client we deployed on the system B the files :

NWMADMIN16P_1-10002889.sca

NWMCLIENT16P_1-10002889.sca

using teh SDM tool.

As we understand the file NWMCLIENT16P_1-10002889.sca contains a full-build MI25 SP16 patch1 framework.

We want to distribute this Mobile components by means of the system B WebConsole to the end-users.

But after the deploy we do not see the Mobile Conponents expected .

Also if we open the NWA and do a search under Mobile Components doing Reload nothing is displayed.

Why ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro,

Please check your JCo RFC connection if it is configured porperly. Such a problem happens when the RFC connection is not working. You need to check the complete details :

-Program ID in Visual Admin should be same as in sm59

-Case of connection name in sm59 should be same as in table MEMGMT_J2EE_DEST

-Execute the connection and check.

-Fire the reload 2-3 times.

-Restart your J2EE engine and fire reload again.

This should help.

Regards,

Parminder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know to change from Sync Servlet to ABAP Servlet? We are currently using Sync Servlet but having problem of a special characters in the password. We are currently using ABAP & J2EE SP16

Any advices would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Dai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dai

You would have access to ABAP Sync Service only if you are a pilot customer. The way to configure and switch between the two is mentioned in the pilot installaion guide

Regards

Sivakumar

former_member189501
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks to all.

We have problems running the MEREP_DISTRIBUTOR. We recive the message 'NO MOBILE ID FOUND'.

It's strange because we have end users with the MAM application deployed, and they should exist.

Beside we noticed every time you deallocate the MAM application in order to assign a new version via WebConsole, the old Mobile Id releative to the ald application is retained.

This cause in my opinion a lot of confusion, because if you do not check the status of the webconsole, you do not really which version of the MAM application is assigned to that user.

Someone can shore more informations and experiences about the MEREP_DISTRIBUTOR and how to define the mobile descriptor to be used to run it ?

regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro Barone ,

<<Abap Service instead of J2EE Servlet

>>

when we use J2EE Sync Servlet for synchronization , then one additional process is taking place here . Here the communication between the J2EE Server and the backend is happening throuth the JCO connection.During synchronization , the appropriate BAPIU Wrapper calls are happening throuth the JCO itself. So in each sync , this will take its on time.

When we use ABAP Sync Service , then during sync , then the BAPI calls and all those things will happen directly . this is applicable in the case of each call.

refer this link for activating the Sync Service .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/5f42ed3c046e47e10000000a422035/content.htm

<<MDI Setup Packages (Parameter Set, Device Configuration,

>>

We can customize the properties or behaviour of MI clients by changing the MobileEngine.config file file ..

In a production environment with very large number of users , it will be better to change the configuration parameters in a generic way by creating Configurations , rather than changing the config parameters in each client device manually..

for that , using transaction DEVICE_CONFIG in the MI server , we can create one configuration which is common to all of the devices . Then add this configuration to particular role . then assign this role to all MI users . THen start role sychronization . During next sync , clients configuration file's contents are replaced with one in the server . This is a generic ay. This will happen in each sync . If we have included role Sync , then in each sync , the clients configuration file will be replaced with that one one in the server.

refer this link also.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/93/f53878b47bef4895319c9febb35f78/frameset.htm

<<NWA>>

for the details of NWA refer this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/75/a54942da51690de10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan