cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrap to text feature

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a table in Wd. the fourth column of this table is static and is hard coded. It is a text field. Now the length of the 4th column is becoming very big due to size of the data.

I want to wrap it to text so that no scroll bar is required and it looks good.

Can anyone help.

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For that COLUMN, try to check the option for HEADERTEXTWRAPPING.

One more thing, I guess if the table width is more, then this will have no effect. Please check it once.

Regards,

Lekha.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

HEADERTEXTWRAPPING will only help if you have long title on the column. For wrapping of the inner content of the column, go to the text view that is the cell editor for the column and set the wrapping and width properties.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Can I apply the same to the ALV for the Inner content. For each column, i will get the cell editor right, using this can do the way you suggested.

Can you clarify on this.

Regards,

Lekha.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

ALV can have the same:

data textview type ref to cl_salv_wd_uie_text_view.
  l_column = l_table->if_salv_wd_column_settings~get_column( 'ADD_PARTICIPANTS' ).
  create object textview.
  textview->set_text_fieldname( 'ADD_PARTICIPANTS' ).
  textview->set_wrapping( abap_true ).
  l_column->set_cell_editor( textview ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is setting the width property for the text view is necessary if text wrapping is done for TEXTVIEW.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

No, not necessarily. You will notice that I didn't actually set the width in the ALV example. I had the ALV set 100% and FixedWidth property set. The output is then sized appropriately.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

For My ALV I have not used the FIXED LAYOUT prooperty. then this width setting for textview is necessary.

Regards,

Lekha.

Answers (0)