cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to import configuration in local development (DC perspective)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had deleted the local development folder and also deleted the.metadata folder from my workspace to start configuring NWDS again to import new configurations .But now when i open my NWDS ,in Development Configurations perspective >>Local DCS is coming empty .There is no option to import the configuration now.

I am not authorize to uninstall NWDS and reinstall again .But can access the NWDS folders specific to me like workspace etc .

i teied creating local development folder manually with default files but no success.

Kindly guide me in solving this problem.

Regards,

Madhvika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chander_kararia4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Madhvika,

I do not understand why you deleted the projects from the local development like this. In NWDS, you can delete all the projects with folders also simply through the IDE only. This is not the correct method of doing this.

Problem now it is showing is that, your NWDS is not able to locate the .metadata folder. This is why it is not able to import anything. Ask the local admin to install NWDS again. You might have loose all the predefined configurations also.

Hope this helps you. Thanks.

Best Regards

Chander Kararia

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your time in looking into my issue.

I had to delete the configurations manually as i was trying to rectify some other problem in NWDS .But that lead to this issue.

But now i have solved this problem .I deleted everything manually. Then reopend NWDS dd JDI configurations again in preferences ,set a different root folder for DCs .Closed NWDS and again reopened it.

Now i was getting the option to import configurations.

I have awarded points to you all for looking into my issue .Thanks to all .

Regards,

Madhvika

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhvika,

You might not have deleted configurations in that way. There is an option in NWDS to delete the configurations. Let it be. Now at least try to restore the files from Recycle Bin if possible. If not possible, don't be panic. There are some ways.

.metadata you can get back if you can create new workspace.

Open NWDS -> Preferences->Workbench -> Workspace

Click on "Browse" button and create new folder e.g workspace1.

Close the NWDS and open it. You will get the .metadata

If you want to get the .dtc folder you can reinstall NWDS or you can log in as different user into the system and open the NWDS. Then you can get .dtc folder and .metadata as well. If you have administrative privileges on your system, create a new user as administrator and log in with that user Id. Try as I said. Later copy and paste those folders into your user folder.

Regards,

Siva

chander_kararia4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Madhvika,

I do not understand why you deleted the projects from the local development like this. In NWDS, you can delete all the projects with folders also simply through the IDE only. This is not the correct method of doing this.

Problem now it is showing is that, your NWDS is not able to locate the .metadata folder. This is why it is not able to import anything. Ask the local admin to install NWDS again. You might have loose all the predefined configurations also.

Hope this helps you. Thanks.

Best Regards

Chander Kararia