cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 IDES, and KW 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't seem to find any new documentation either way, but does anyone know whether or not IDES for ECC 6.0 and Knowledge Warehouse 7.0 will run in 64-bit environments (64-bit hardware, 64-bit Windows and SQL Server 2005)? I'm assuming that since KW 7.0 was part of Netweaver 2004 that it would indeed be supported and that since ECC 6.0 IDES is essentially a NetWeaver 2004s demo that logically they should both be compatible.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Michel

Since you have kept this theread still open i though of replying to you..Yes it suports X64 , on MS-SQL

please see the "SAP Note 1013702 - IDES BW 7.0 /SEM 6.0" which decribes the cComponents and suported H/W for this instalations.

recently we have done a sizing for our lansdcape (Testing) .. follwoing are the sizing of that

IDES SAP SEM 6.0/BW 7.00	6 GB RAM	
250GB HDD  (Recommend Tier-3 enterprise storage) 
2 CPU , SAPS -2000	
 WIndows X64	
LTO Backups

hope this will give you some insight in to what you looking for ..do let me know if you need any information

Regards

Buddhike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some of the same questions Chris has.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Sorry if i am reposting this answer.

IDES 6.0 and KW 7.0 in 64 bit system--->

Content server is released for only IA32 bit, so you may not be able to install KW on 64 bit os because you need Content server for that which is not supported on 64 bit as of now.

But if you decide to install in two system it may be possible, Install IDES with ABAP+JAVA in 64 bit platform and install Content server in 32 bit server.

Check service.sap.com/pam for more details.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Just installed ECC 6.0 on 64 Bit (Windows 2003/MSSQL)platform without any major problems. As it is installed only as ABAP-instance i didn't have to go through all the trouble of finding the correct JAVA stuff (which is kept in a safe place with Sun) took me a while to find the correct X64 - Java version for this last time i installed another ECC 6.0 system on X64.

Now i want to start using this IDES system i cannot find any documentation on what scenario's are set up and how to use them (sign-on and clients and stuff). May'be you can help me with this ?

Regards,

Jos Ouddeken

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Clients are:

800, Golden client for IDES, the main one you should use

810-8XX, Many clients used for some ALE training, not really relevant.

Access it using

user: SAP* or DDIC

pass: 19960629 (I cant really remember).

You should read the Installation guide on SAP website SERVICE.SAP.COM

I am about to install it myself (I did it with ECC50). Since you installed only the ABAP stack, was it in any way different than 32 Bit? I am planning to install it on XP PRO 64 bit.

Good luck!

Leonardo De Araujo

Former Member
0 Kudos

SERVICE.SAP.COM is an awful big place...perhaps you could narrow that down a bit. I have looked everywhere for the documentation and can't find anything...

I am trying to obtain the installation guides for IDES ECC 6.0...

Thanks!

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SERVICE.SAP.COM

>SUPPORT PORTAL

>>Release & Upgrade Info

>>>Installation & Upgrade Guides

>>>>My SAP Business Suite Applications

>>>>>My SAP ERP

>>>>>>My SAP ERP 2005

>>>>>>>Installation

Then you can read the following:

Installation Documentation - SAP ERP 2005

Installation Documenation - SAP ERP 2005 SR1

mySAP ERP 2005 SR1 Master Guide

Also, take a look at the following SAP Notes:

mySAP ERP 2005 - Related Notes

SAP Note Title Description

938033 mySAP ERP 2005 SR1 Installation or Upgrade This note informs the user on the minimal Support Package Stack (SPS) level for the installation of or upgrade to mySAP SAP ERP 2005.

852235 Release restrictions / information on DSD 2004 At the time of the release of SAP ERP 2005, limitations exist concerning the productive usage of certain functions. This note provides customer information on these restrictions.

852008 Release Restrictions for SAP NetWeaver 2004s At the time of the release of SAP NetWeaver 2004s, limitations exist concerning the productive usage of certain functions. This note provides customer information on these restrictions.

571530 Availability of SAP Business Connector Provides statement of the availability of SAP Business Connector (SAP BC). You can download the SAP BC from the SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/sbc-download.

824757 Dependencies between mySAP ERP component lists Describes dependencies between different processes. In such cases, different components must be installed.

853692 Installation CPRXPRM 400 Related to component CPRXPRM of instance SAP cProject Suite.

853694 Upgrade from CPRXRPM 400 Related to component CPRXPRM of instance SAP cProject Suite.

805390 Central Note for SAP Solution Manager Key Provides information on the SAP Solution Manager that is required for installation or upgrade of mySAP ERP.

849887 ERP 2005: Support Package Stacks Release and Info Contains a list of all mySAP ERP 2005 Release and Information Notes (RIN) that are issued.

755712 Release restrictions / information on DSD 2004 Provides information on Mobile Direct Store Delivery.

853050 Restricted platform availability for the JIT Provides information on performance restrictions of the Java Transaction Server Technology.

855455 Workarounds Provides information on possible workarounds for performance restrictions of the Java Transaction Server Technology.

835170 Installation/DeltaUpgrade of CCM 200 Provides information on Add-On Installation/DeltaUpgrade mit Transaktion SAINT.

835169 Additions regarding Upgrade Basis 700 with CCM 2.00 Deals with the add-on upgrade to SAP NetWeaver 2004s with CCM 200.

855830 SAP ERP 2005 Installation on Windows Provides information on problems discovered after the publication of installation documentation.

855297 SAP ERP 2005 Installation on UNIX Provides information on problems discovered after the publication of installation documentation.

855534 Embedded NetWeaver Components in ERP Describes how to handle the installation of SAP NetWeaver components/usage types BW/BI, XI/PI, EP, MI and/or DI together with ECC in the same instance (the same SID).

Leonardo De Araujo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have installed SAP ecc 5.0 and now I want install IDES in the same SERVER. How make it?

thank for you help

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The cleanest way would be to completely uninstall your ECC50 installation and than start the new installation for ECC60.

If you want to keep them in the same system is going to be a bit more complicated.

Hope it helps,

Leonardo De Araujo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, I would be highly obliged if one of you could please send me over the installation instructions for ECC 6.0 IDES(MySAP ERP 2005 IDES)installation. I would be using it just for learning/education purpose on a 32bit windows machine.

I have tried to look around a lot for IDES installation instructions for ECC 6.0, but could not find any documentation.

I pretty much have a good skills at windows OS & Oracle RDBS, however the number of SAP IDES install files have just confused me over a lot.

Many thanks in advance.

Chris.

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at the previous answer I gave. There you will find where to get the guides.

Additionally, take a look at this like

<a href="https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000670917&">SAP ERP 2005 - Installation Documentation</a>

I am about to do the same. I have the servers ready and will soon start the installation.

Good luck,

Leonardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leonardo,

Thanks for you prompt response.

I have read through the "Installation Documentation - SAP ERP 2005" including the master guide. They are somewhat helpfull, but I was not usre if the IDES installation is same as the generic mySPA ERP (Non - IDES) installation.

In anycase, I'll try it out.

Since you are also heading in the same direction and are already ahead of me, if could please let me know if you have any valuable leasons learnt during your installation journey.

btw - do you know if the Oracle 10.2.0.2 patch is really required for ECC 6.0 ?

Good luck !!

Chris.

0 Kudos

The installation of IDES is similar to the standard ECC6.0, but you need a special Master DVD because there are 5 DB-Exports-DVDs - see sap-note 956921.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Herbert,

One quick clarification : Now that ECC 6.0 rely on Netweaver 2004s for the Basis/Kernel layer, do you know if Netweaver installation is required for ECC 6.0 IDES to function ?

Or is it that the Master DVD that comes along with ECC 6.0 IDES installation media installs the Kernel (v7.0) anyway?

Secondly, if NW 2004s is required for ECC 6.0 IDES to function, should I first install the NW 2004s (I plan to use NW 2004s Rapid Installation) before I start with ECC 6.0 Master DVD, followed by importing the the IDES exports DVDs.

By the way, I intend to install all (ECC 6.0 & NW 2004s including the GUI v6.40) all on one machine. Given the fact that the machine is capable enough from resource perspective, do you know if there are any technical constraints that I should be aware of ?

If you by any chance have a quick list of x installation steps in chronological order to install IDES ECC 6.0, could you please email them over to me or post it on this forum.

Many thanks in advance,

Chris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jos Ouddeken,

Iam starting Installation on ECC 6.0 on 64 Bit (Windows 2003/MSSQL)platform for ABAP-instance and would like to have guidance from you and suggest me any documents and notes on the installation part other thhan the pdfs and request you to help me out on this you can reach me on mohammedsayeed7@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jos Ouddeken,

Iam starting Installation on ECC 6.0 on 64 Bit (Windows 2003/MSSQL)platform for ABAP-instance and would like to have guidance from you and suggest me any documents and notes on the installation part other thhan the pdfs and request you to help me out on this you can reach me on mohammedsayeed7@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards

Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

DId you get the answer to your questions? I am trying to find out the same..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to clarify some points on ECC installation;

ECC6.0 is based on NW 7.0 and thus there is no need to install a NW application platform(server) first. You can choose ECC6.0 installation media ( masterNW kerneljavaexportslanguages) and directly start installing it. It comes as a package ( ERP on Netweaver)

Normally you need a system with atleast 2 CPU / 4 GB / 200 GB HDD to install ECC6.0 dual stack (Java+ABAP) with SAPGUI. You may need more memory if you are looking for good performance. ECC6.0 really need a lot of resources.

IDES installation is very similar to a normal ECC installation. Only difference is you use a different set of export CDs. SAP installation guide is more than sufficient for a basic setup.