cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD BOM Bill of material

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a BOM for SD orders. the main item and the sub-item is assigned to different shipping points because the "loading group" is different in material master data. I want the sub-item to have the same shipping point as the main item in case it is ordered as a set. but there are cases that the sub-item is ordered seperately, in this case material should have the shipping point defined in the material master data.

Is it possible in standart? or should I do it with a user exit in the order?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the answer but what I need is an automatic determination.

Normally the situation is as follows:

main material A --> Shipp. point : X (depending on Plant, Loading Group & Shipping conditions )

sub-material B --> shipp. point : Y(depending on Plant, Loading Group & Shipping conditions )

sub-material B can be sold as an item of a BOM or individually. so what I need is B will have shipp. point Y in case it is sold individually and shipp. point X in case it is sold as a part of a BOM..

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can maintain the same through User Exit only .Must be Item Category is different if you sell the material individually or through BOM respectively.

So maintain the Logic in the User Exit that if Item category of BOM Sub-item is there then it picks the Shipping point of Item No.1 or of Main Item else pick the Shipping Point as per the Assignment ( In case of Individual Selling).

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to check the shipping point assignment in order to have a common shiiping point . Based upon Plant, Loading Group & Shipping conditions of the line item materials, you can give the shipping points in manual shipping points and then in the the sales order, you can give the same shipping point in Shipping view of Item data.... This way you will end up with changing the shipping point of the each and every materail in BOM.

Other way is make that shipping point( which is for header material) as system proposed shipping point in the determination procedure.

Shipping point determination procedure path is

SPRO-> Logistics Execution-> Shipping-> Basic Shipping Functions-> Shipping Point determination-> Assign Shipping Points