cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO SCENARIO

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts

i have an sto scenario where i have to transfer goods from manufacturing plant to depo plant, and excise duty is required when ever we r going to transport goods from manufacturing plant. so i have created a vendor as 1000 (manufacturing plant) and assigned a customer in the vendor account control as 1200 as depo. now i have another depo as 1300 and have to do sto for that also, but the problem is i cant assign another customer as 1300 in the vendor 1000.

now can any one tell me how can i assign two customer in a particular customer

looking forward for ur reply

regards

subhrangshu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhrangshu Kishore

Please find attached the configuration required for intercompany STO. Hope this helps.

Regards

Procedure for Stock Transfer

E.g.

Company u2013 1000, Source Plant u2013 1000, Source storage location u2013 0001

Destination Plant u2013 1100, Destination Storage Location: 0001

Customer u2013 1100 (Dummy customer of Plant 1000 and is representing Plant 1100), Material -> M-01

Following are the SPRO settings for stock transfer.

1. Path = Materials Management/ Purchasing/ Purchase Order/ Set up Stock Transfer Order/Define Shipping Data for Plants

2. Select the Plant option. Here for plant 1100, define a customer 1100. This represents plant 1100 and is a customer for plant 1000, which is the source plant.

3. Select option Assign delivery type/checking. Path = Materials Management/ Purchasing/ Purchase Order/ Set up Stock Transfer Order/ Assign delivery type/checking. Do the settings as below for both the source and destination plant.

STO Type - UB / Plant - 1000 / Delivery Type - NL / Checking Rule - 01

STO Type - UB / Plant - 1100 / Delivery Type - NL / Checking Rule - 01

4. Select following option - Assign Document Type, One-step procedure, Underdelivery tolerance

- Select Purchasing document type. Enter stock order type u201CUBu201D for combination of source and destination plant.

- One step procedure option enables automatic goods receipt in the receiving plant when goods are issued from the sending plant.

5. From 4.7 version, additional option u201CSet up Stock Transfer between Storage Locationsu201D needs to be set. Sub options within this option are:

u2022 Activate stock transfer between storage locations

u2022 Assign Delivery type and checking rule according to storage locations. Enter

o Purchasing document category=u201DFu201D

o Purchasing doc type =u201DUBu201D

o Source Plant

o Source storage location

o Delivery type =u201DNLu201D

o Checking Rule.

u2022 Define Shipping Data for stock transfers between storage locations. Enter for source plant

o Sales Area

o Shipping point

o Storage location within the plant containing sales are and shipping point values.

u2022 Define Rule for Determination of Shipping Point

u2022 Assign Shipping Points according to storage location. Here shipping point is determined based on

o Shipping condition defined in dummy customer

o Loading group of material

o Delivery Plant of dummy customer (which is the source plant)

o Source storage location

o Proposed shipping point.

6. Create purchase order ME21n. Following details are entered

u2022 Order type=u201DUBu201D

u2022 Supplying plant

u2022 Purchasing organization assigned to destination plant.

u2022 Purchasing group

u2022 Company Code

u2022 Material, qty, destination plant and destination storage location.

Save the purchase order. Note the order number.

Please note that material should be existing for both sending and receiving plants.

Availability check is done based on the checking rule set in the configuration. For material M-01, stock available is 104. Let us look at two conditions:

A) If PO is placed for say 200, then since M-01 is an externally procured material, it will provide a delivery date based on planned delivery time + purchasing processing time + goods receipt processing time in material master.

B) If material is internally manufactured, it will provide a delivery date based on replenishment lead time or (addition of in house production time + goods receipt processing time if RLT is not present.)

Click on the Item and go to Environment / Availability

Only 85 could be confirmed (Stock (104) u2013 Total confirmed qty (19).)

7. View the purchase order using Me23. Select the item and go to Item/More Functions/ Shipping data. You can view the shipping point 1000 as seen below:

8. Go to VL10B for creating delivery for the purchase order. Enter the shipping and the purchase order will appear on pressing the Execute option. Click Shift-F8 to view and note the delivery number.

- Select the order and click on Background Processing to create the delivery.

- A green light indicates that delivery is created successfully.

- Click on the row with green light and click on Show/Hide Deliveries button (Shift F8) to show the delivery.

9.Modify the delivery and do picking and goods issue. The stock will get reduced from the source plant. Stock will get added in the in-transit stock of the receiving plant/storage location.

10.In Logistics Execution/Inbound Process/Goods Receipt for purchase order/Enter goods receipt for P.O (Transaction code MIGO). Enter purchase order number and flag the item as u201Coku201D. Movement type is 101. A material document will be created. The movement type 101 will move stock from in-transit stock to unrestricted stock in the destination plant and storage location.

11. During creation of goods receipt, if there is an accounting error, go to Material Management/ Inventory Management & Physical Inventory/ Number assignment / Define number assignment for material and physical inventory docs

u2022 Click On Group

u2022 Select material document for goods receipts

u2022 Select u201CMaintain define no rangeu201D

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI RAKESH

thanx for ur replay thats great but can u tell me in the inter plant stock deliver doc how can we change the ship to party

can u plz help me on that

regards

subhrangshu

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You no need to assign the Customer 1200 in Vendor Master 1000-

1200 Dept created as Plant has to be assigned in Configuration-Assign Internal Customer to the Plant - in Setup STO config.

here, you are trying to assign 1200 in Customer field of Vendor Master Record:1000.

the purpose of this field is, if yo assign the Customer number in Vendor Master, means- This Vendor 1000, is also acting as a Customer.

this is generally used,

if your supplier(Vendor) is also purchasing goods from the company, then this supplier become as Buyer(Customer)-

in This scenario, we assign the Customer number created in XD01 , will be assigned in Vendor master Record XK01-

in STO scenario, this is required, if stock transfers from Dept- Mfg Plant.

any more doubts, let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use as one sold to and multiple ship to......