cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Tables and UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I hope i am posting this in the right area. Please excuse if i am not.

I have a pretty unusual problem.

I have a table with the following columns. "EXTERNAL_ID" "PERIOD" "AMOUNT" and other fields.

in this table, period is a date value and external_id refers to some project. (This is not unique)

i am having values in the fields like

101000 20081101 8

101000 20081201 9

101000 20090101 25

101453 20081101 5

and so on.

i would like to put these into an internal table ( Context table ) of the form "External_ID" "NOV-08" "DEC-08" and so on............

the data should look like

101000 8 9 25

101453 5

One additional problem here is that the dates are dynamic and can differ every time the program is run.

Is there any way to do this efficiently. The number of rows in my first table can be very large (upto 80000 )

Thanks & Regards,

Mz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lekha,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

What i meant to say was that, i am having a different range of dates and different data in different servers.

For example in development server, my dates run from September 2007 to August 2010.

In Quality Environment my dates are from June 2008 to August 2013......

etc

The number of columns which i require for the context table directly depend on the number of months i have.

PLease let me know if you require further information.

Thanks & Regards,

Mz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then you need to build the dynmic node to acheve this.

Depending on the numdber of months, I guess this can be known based on some input. Some basic criteris should be there as how to get the number of mothns, based on this create a Dynamic Internal table with that many columns and bind the saame to the dynamic node.

For Ex: If a project runs for a ayear/months, i will get fical periods for a project suing some standard FM. we can get to know this right.

Are you using normal Table UI or ALV to display.

Refer Dynamic Node and Internal table creation -

Regards,

Lekha.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One additional problem here is that the dates are dynamic and can differ every time the program is run.

Can you provide more inputs.

Regards,

Lekha.