Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP assignment in cProject

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I have created BP's in my SAP system using t-code BP

When I went to cProject and try to search it in Staffing screen to assign as resource, I could not find the same BP which is created in above step.

Thanks and Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

virtuzant
Explorer
0 Kudos

did you associate BP number with a SAP user id (Employee Role)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

When using project resource planning for direct staffing, you staff the role with resources.

To reserve suitable resources provisionally, you can first save them as candidates, until you have clarified whether the employee or the employee's manager agrees to his or her participation in the project.

To set up the bp, perhaps will help the following link ...

http://help.sap.com/SCENARIOS_BUS2007/helpdata/EN/D8/0D134E26B6CE43A03C09BCC12BA58B/frameset.htm

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In cProjects we staff the role with resources. Is there some BAPI or table from which we can retrieve the resources that have been assigned to a role ?

Regards,

Nishit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

In the "search for business partner" you have to change the option "more search helps" to "person with "employee" role".

Then your search should be run proper.

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I tried this too but it is not working.

Also what is differnece between Resource and Candidate?

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

This could be the reason if u hv not metained availability to all BPs / employees.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

try to assign candidate or staff Bp by directly entering the bp number

and if its not coming let us know the error.

Nothing related to BP availability for direct entry of BP number

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Niranjan,

I have done this but not getting any reasons and bp has not been added.

I tried to create one more BP into SAP-GUI. While updating the address details it throws one error "Internal error in IGS2, US. RFC: Connection error Destination: IGS_RFC_DEST2"

Is this a reason?

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Niranjan,

I have done this but not getting any reasons and bp has not been added.

I tried to create one more BP into SAP-GUI. While updating the address details it throws one error "Internal error in IGS2, US. RFC: Connection error Destination: IGS_RFC_DEST2"

Is this a reason?

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error is coming because IGS ( internet graphic server is activated) and incorrect RFC connection is maintained. Go to SM59 to correct the RFC connection as stated in the error message (IGS_RFC_DEST2). Else you can deactivate the RFC and geo coding for the county US ( as in your error message) by going to transaction SZGEOCD_GEOCODERS.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error is coming because IGS ( internet graphic server is activated) and incorrect RFC connection is maintained. Go to SM59 to correct the RFC connection as stated in the error message (IGS_RFC_DEST2). Else you can deactivate the RFC and geo coding for the county US ( as in your error message) by going to transaction SZGEOCD_GEOCODERS.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you enter transaction BP, and create a new person, you can choose between different types of BP. Please choose BUT003 Employee.

Just to check, see that you are accessing transaction BP in your cProjects system (and not other SAP systems if existing)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Check if you've created the BP in 'Employee' Role.

The Resource Search displays results only for BPs with 'Employee' role.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

I have done this but still it is not coming.

Regards

Sandeep