cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to send session data to solution manager for earlywatch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have connected our production system with solution manager and trying to configure the earlywatch alert.

I have done the prerequisites as mentioned by RTCCTOOL report.

Then activated SDCCN in both the systems. Included produciton sytem in "administration of SDCCN in solman and defilned solman as the master system."

Ran the refresh session with the back RFC connection.

Then when I try to run the job "Request Session data", I am able to run the job only with RFC SDCC_OSS. This sends data to SAP. To send to Solution Manager I need the back RFC connection for which I am not getting option.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Amit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the sattelite system the earlywatch report is in done state and in the logs it says data sent successfully via the back rfc connection.

But in solution manager when i try to process the data by background job SM:EXEC SERVICES, the job gets cancelled. The job log i have mentioned above.

I have done the steps as per note 727998.

-

Path: SDCCN -> Utilities -> Maintain Service Definitions ->

Select 'Delete and Replace Service Definitions -> Confirm this selection-> Confirm that you want to delete the definitions -> Confirm that a new task 'Service Definition Refresh' was created -> Take a note of the task id -> Review the log for this task id when it is completed. You should not not see any errors for either the update of a Service Definitions table or the generation of any re-import include

-

But its not working.

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks again.

Now i am able to send the session data. As you have mentioned i have created a new sevice session in DSWP and run refresh session and that has created the job sap earlywatch alert for solution manager.

But I am facing an error when generating the report. The background job is getting cancelled.

Job log overview for job: SM:EXEC SERVICES 000000000100100 / 14484200

Job started

Step 001 started (program RDSMOPBACK_AUTOSESSIONS, variant &0000000000000, user ID ADMIN)

RDSMOPBACK_AUTOSESSIONS : MemSize Begin = 1374664

Solution AGI_Landscape is being edited (Operations)

( EWA_FS ) Session 0060000000029 for 25.08.2009 created (SOL)

( EW_ALERT ) Session 0060000000030 for 24.08.2009 created (BIP)

( EW_ALERT ) Session 0060000000031 for 24.08.2009 created (R3P)

Trying to perform session 0010000000305

Session 0010000000305 performed

Trying to perform session 0060000000028

ABAP/4 processor: SYNTAX_ERROR

Job cancelled

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Did the Early watch session ran successful in satellite system?. Is it in "done" state?. Whats the status you are getting for early watch session against the system in solution manager.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

Thanks for replying.

I have done all the steps you have mentioned but still the RFC connection is not appearing :(... something is missing surely.

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Apologies, I think I took the Question Wrong. what i said holds good Its for sending session data back to solman.

Confirm the Following:

1) In Solution Manager->DSWP->Create a Early Watch Alert session for the system.(This is the request for Session data)

2) In Satellite system-> Run Refresh Session once->With SMXXXX_BACK RFC-> Now the Early watch session for solution manager should be visible in SDCCN. I Think its not possible to Request session data directly from satellite system to solman. it takes to SDCC_OSS by default.(Early watch session is processed only in a Particular system or By SAP)

3) If needed send the session data to solman using Back RFC Connection.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please maintain SMXXXXX_BACK connection in satellite systems.

Then in Satellite system : Call SDCCN- Settings->Task Specific-RFC destinations.

Maintain the SMXXXXXX_BACK in the Table.also check whether Solution manager is maintained as master system.

Now you can find the RFC in the request session data tab :).

Hope this helps.Good Luck!!! Do revert if you face issues pls.

Regards,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create back RFC destination in SMSY where you created your production system in the landscape.

Thanks,

Rohan