cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High volumes on receiver JDBC adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a RFC ->JDBC scenario where the RFC pulls huge amounts of data from R/3 and sends to XI.

XI needs to upload this data into 5 different Db tables.Each table contains 3000-8000 records with each record containing 10-15 fields.

When we try to run this scenario, due to high volumes of data the JBDC adapter hangs and msgs were in 'holding/delivering' status for long time.

Please advice on possibilities of handling this within XI.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It must not be the case , I have done more than 5000 rows at a time.

check your server load /work processes . please elaborate the scenario design for more guidance.

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the receiver adapter-> advanced mode -> select Batch Mode option. This can help to improve the performance.

Even after this if the performance is not better then my option is to reduce the records at the receiver side by splitting it in mapping.

~SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs.

Iam using the batch mode option already.

Splitting at mapping level is a considerable option.

Its a batch job in R/3 that triggers RFC and sends this data to XI. As per my requirement, XI needs to refresh/delete old data in DB tables every time when the batch job runs and upload the new data into tables.

And Iam using multimapping in this scenario as I want to refresh and insert 5 different tables from single RFC.

So my concern is if we have 1000 records and we split it into two msgs of 500records, then the second msg will delete the first 500records during its run and we can see only the last 500 records every time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We changed the design and now we have only 'INSERT' and we don't have concerns with table refresh now.

I am splitting the records in XI mapping as bunches on 1000 each. But I found one of the tables have more that 1lakh records.

The data volume that we received in RFC is 150000 records(45MB). It took 7.5 mins to process this msg in Integration Engine.

But the messages delivery into Db tables (receiver JDBC adapter processing) is very slow.At maximum it can process 250 records in minute.

Please provide your inputs on this design. Is it Ok to accept 45MB message into XI at one shot? Even though the message got processed(splitted) in IE, they are processing in AE for long time. I believe this will have impact on other interfaces that use JDBC adapter.

Please provide your suggestions on how to improve the design/performance of this interface.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nagarjuna,

I have the same issue. Can you please guid me in how to split the records in XI mapping as bunches on 1000 each. My Scenario is JDBC to JDBC using BPM i am SELECTING the data from Sender Database and updating with ok status. When INSERTING the same into receiver database my interface is working fine if it is 2000 records. But if it is more then 2000 records then Insert message mapping step will be delivering status for a long time.

Please provide your suggestions on how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: SAP PL on Aug 23, 2010 12:54 PM