cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

offline backup restore on oracle database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam having fulloffline backup of production server in tapdrive.I want to restore this fulloffline backup on development server.mine environment is aix with oracle database,how to proceed for the same.

Thanku

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the system copy guide for your product. Look for homogeneous copy.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to go for restore offline backup proceddure from production to development.

Thanku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes as ruchit said you have to look at the system copy guide and that part backup/restore method.

Then create the control file and ops$ users.

If you only restore the backup your system will not come up.

Regards

Ashok Dalai

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are you refreshing development?.... Are you aware that you'll loose all version management?

Regards

Juan

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Juan,

I have a doubt here, regarding version management.

I mean say a report is at version 5 in Dev and Version 3 in Prod.

After refresh of Dev with Prod , I would loose Version 4 and 5.

Is that the only concern here?

If customer is fine with that, is it ok to move ahead with refresh?

Or is there any other concern?

Thanks in advance.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gautam

After refreshing with Production backup, you will have everything like production. Means if you have version 3 in production and ver 5 in dev, after refresh you will get ver 3 only.

you will need command

"brrestore -b <backuid>................." ( for backup restore) and then for point in time recovery " brrestore -a ............".( for archive log restore)..

Details of this commands you will dinf in system copy document ( for database specific method)..

But may be your cline is OK with that, but your ABAper will lose any version after version 3. So, it is the Job of Basis Admin to tell client about this and then let client to decide.

If your client and ABAPer are still OK, you can go for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Gautam,

As stated by others production to development copy is not recommened by SAP however it can still be done and you can still have the version database secured. For this there is a good OSS note 130906. This can help you secure the version database but for change records (transport tables ) you need to develop your own strategy.may be you can export E07* tables and import them after tge copy.

With Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (0)