cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Precalculation corrupt Excel workbook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I installed the precalculation service and untill I open the Excel workmap on my local PC, where I opend my email account and saved the workbook on my desktop, it works fine.

When opening the workbook I get the error in excel that the workbook is corrupt.....

Anyone had this problem earlier ?

Best regards

Marcel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to share you little bit regarding Precal Server 7.0.

1)Whenever you install precalserver, please take care of installation path as mentioned in SAP note.. 1039616

The path of the precalculation service is the same as the path of the BI front

end installation.

(Mostly this would be C:\Program files\SAP\BW\Frontend).

After installation checkout following files are installed in the location C:\Program files\SAP\BW\Frontend.

BExPreCalcServerProgram.exe

BExPreCalcServiceRestarter.exe

BExPreCalcWindowsService.exe

BExPrecServiceInstaller.exe

BExPreCalcRfcServer.dll

BExPreCalcInstance.dll

sapbexp.xla

Issue: Sometimes it will throw error like.

Precalculation failed: E value cannot be null

Parameter name:buffer

cannot precalculate workbook wb_70_test2

Error occured during processing of framework

class CL_RSRD_PRODUCER_EXCEL, type PROD

Solution: This issue is mostly related to not proper installation of precal server. To solve this issue, you have to

uninstall the precal server and restart the machine, and again install the precalserver as specfied in note

2)Certain time in Windows service the SAP BW Precalculation service dispay start mode but eventhough it is not started

to solve this issue , again you have to restart your SAP BW Precalculation service.

3)Don't Create too many instance(Register) in RSPRECADMIN for your precal server.

4)Check your MIcrosoft Excel version and its support of precal server.(it is better to know the prerequisite of precalserver)

5)Sometimes if you precalculate older workbooks it will throw error. To avoid this upgrade your workbook by opening itin New version

of Excel analyzer and save it again. This will upgrade your workbook.

6)If you not properly saved your workbook, it will through error or you will receive corrupted workbook.

7)After installing your precalserver, check your precalserver staus(green), if it is not show in green, again goto

window serverices and start your precal server windows services.

8)Test your precalserver in RSPRECADMIN. Goto your precalserver(registered/instance that you created in RSPRECADMIN). Dobule click it

give a sample workbook and email-id.

9)As fas as i know precalserver is not working properly for workbook with variables and complex workbooks.Correct me if am wrong.

Check your precalserver in these scenarios.

if it is useful assign points.

hope it helps

Regards,

Senthil Kumar.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil ,

Thanks for your inputs on different scenarios .

I 'd like to add my comments to your point 9.

9)As fas as i know precalserver is not working properly for workbook with variables and complex workbooks.Correct me if am wrong.

- Yes works fine with variables ..provided there are no mandatory variables in workbook .

-Sourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcel,

I know your post was a couple of months ago but did you manage to resolve this one as I get the same error ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I got the solution from SAP to install the newest version of the precalculation server which I did. After that I got other errors, right now I cannot send out any workbooks anymore

Rgds

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Marcel,

your issue is nearly six month old.. but did you get the solution? we are facing same issue here.. excel is coming corrupt ...

can you let us know how you manage to get this fixed?

We are using BW 3.5 SP 16.

Thanks in advance.

Regards: Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even I get the same problem when trying to distribute workbook thru a background job. I also tried with SP19 but still no luck.

Thank you,

sam

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sam,

Did you check this note ?

Note 1004423 - Broadcasted workbook is corrupted.Excel hangs.

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

We too have same porblem , where the workbook comes as blank & work book name comes in all Capital letters ,when we open it it shows message as file not in

recognizible format ...

Pls let me know if any one got solution