cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms : Second Page Main Window not being called

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The smartform has 2 different pages, with totally different layout.

This also include that the Main window of both pages are different, having 2 different tables to fetch data.

The main window width sizes are the same on both the pages.

I have already used the Command node to call the second page, which it does.

The problem I am facing now is that the Secondary windows on page2 gets displayed, but the main window does not get displayed.

I have put a break-point in the code of main window of Page2. When executing this, it does not get triggered at all.

Now if I change the attribute of this main main window to secondary window and then I execute it then it gets triggered and gets displayed.

I have to keep this window as the main window as there might be chances of data overflow which should then continue printing on the next pages, therefore I cannot make it as the secondary window.

Please tell why the Main Window is not being called? (Note: Size of Main Windowin Page2 is same as main window in Page1)

I have searched the SDN already and did not find a solution to resolve this problem.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Darpana.A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have got the solution to this probelm.

In Page1 Main Window I have Table1 and a command node to Goto Page2.

Just after this command node I have added Table2 which earlier was the table in Main window of Page2.

So currently the Main window in Page2 has nothing included in it.

Anything after Command gets printed into the next page. Table2 is a part of Main Window in Page1 which gets printed into Main window of Page2.

Thanks for all your replies.

Regards,

Darpana.A

Edited by: Darpana Ahire on Aug 21, 2009 9:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

So,finally one MAIN window is what you used to print right???

Good...

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very helpful information. I am checking it.

former_member755502
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Please refer the following discussion on SDN -

It may help you to resolve your problem.

Regards,

Sambaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You are having two different MAIN windows in two pages?? or same MAIN window in two pages?? If you have two different MAIN window for two pages, then it is not going to work. And how can you handle data overflow if you have two different MAIN windows in two pages??

The correct procedure is having one MAIN window in both the pages. i.e. copy from PAGE 1 and paste it in PAGE 2.

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwa,

I have handled the data overflow by giving in Page1 attributes -> Next Page as Page1 & in Page2 attributes -> Next Page as Page2.

And it is possible to print two different main windows on two different pages.

Regards,

Darpana.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Vishwa,

>

> I have handled the data overflow by giving in Page1 attributes -> Next Page as Page1 & in Page2 attributes -> Next Page as Page2.

>

> And it is possible to print two different main windows on two different pages.

>

> Regards,

> Darpana.A

I am sure,you cant have more than one MAIN window in the smartform, anyways Please let me know once you get it.

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mamta,

I have checked this link also. I did not find the solution here.

Thanks for replying.

I would appreciate if there is another solution for this.

Regards,

Darpana.A