cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stored procedure return code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario to send data from Idoc to jdbc using stored procedures. Upon stored procedure execution, the database returns a return code which specifies whether the stored procedure call was successful or not. If the stored procedure call is not successful then an error mail containing the error description is generated from SAP PI.

Can u suugest me how to do the above scenario???

U r help in this regards really appreciatedu2026

Regards,

Federer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

For this scenario you can use BPM.The response from the stored proc is checked in the condition.If it is having error code, then we can raise an alert or send mail depending upon the requirement.

Regards,

Leela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fedarer,

While such cases you have to raise an exception through Stored Procedure and later configure the alert and alert rules as per your requirement. Similar challenge I also faced in which I created a wrapper stored procedure in which logic is to process the actual stored procedure and if error code comes then raise error message. I believe you can try to get a wrapper store procedure.I hope it will be helpful.

Thanks

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

Thanks alot for ur quick help.........:-)

Best Regards,

Federer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It all depends on your architecture, generally it is defined that PI will be responsible up to delivery of message to target system,

(JDBC receiver) after that the logic written in Stored Procedure will handle the message and any error in that logic should be capture at that end only.

by this you will got all error alerts from adapter engine/integration engine if you want to capture the alerts for failure in stored procedure execution handle exception in stored procedure itself ,store those records in database and triggere it from there as an alert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can go for BPM for this and put a switch on output of stored procudure return code and provide targets based o nthat

Rajesh