Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP installation on Red hat Linux 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing the error while running the sapinst the following error comes

guiengine: no GUI connected; waiting for a connection on host server.localdomain, port 21212 to continue with the installation

I have installed the JDk version of Linux j2sdk1.4.2_14 , and set the env variable at /etc/profile

still I ma facing the problem , Please help me so that i can continue with the installation

I am installing on Red Hat Linux 5 server.

Please help me

Thanks & Regds

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Manish,

Solution 1

If you are using the redhat 64 bit OS then you have to use the IBMJava2-AMD64-142-SDK-1.4.2 only.

This will be downloadable from IBM site.

The java version you have mention is for 32 Bit. So kindly check the OS version before installation of SAP.

Solution 2.

You can try the sapinst setup by removing the /tmp/* also. But it should be either thru vnc at gui window.

Thanks and Regards,

Kamal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I may not be inline with the Discussion,

But, can you please confirm, on the results of the Prerequisite Check!

Did it complete fine?

Thanks,

Vj

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am facing the error while running the sapinst the following error comes

> guiengine: no GUI connected; waiting for a connection on host server.localdomain, port 21212 to continue with the installation

You have two issues:

- your network is not properly configured (hostname and domain is not set correctly)

- your DISPLAY variable is not set/wrong set - hence, you get no gui.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear markus

The Display varibale is set by using the Following command DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0

and netowrk card is alos set , Please help me to resolve the issue

The problem is still there

java -version

jdk 1.4.2_14

In case you require any help, please let me Know

Thanks & Regds

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the output of

hostname

hostname -s

and contents of /etc/hosts and /etc/sysconfig/networks ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hostname == server

hostname -s == server.localdomain

/etc/hosts

192.168.1.22 server.localdomain

/etc/systemconfig/network

HOSTNAME=server.localdomain

Thanks & Regds

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess, you didn't read the Notes before proceeding for the Installation on Linux Platform

SAP Note 1048303 - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x: Installation and upgrade

Note 171356 - SAP software on Linux Essential information

confirm your host and domain configuarations as per the Notes

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The Display varibale is set by using the Following command DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0

And is there an X-Server listening to local connections running?

Did you logon as root or did you do an "su -"?

Did you execute "xhost +" if you switched the user?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done the settings according to note

hostname and hostname -s

o/p is know server

and hostname -f o/p is server.localdomain

but still I am facing the problem while running ./sapinst

no guiconnected :waiting for connection on host server port 21212 to continue with installation

Thanks & Regds

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

and did we check Markus' advise ?

check xlcock test and post the full contents of /etc/hosts and /etc/sysconfig/networks, not just by saying

Former Member
0 Kudos

DearSir,

This is to inform you that I have installed the JAVA JDK 1.4.2_14 and set the path and ENV variable , secondly when i run ./sapinst the message GUIengine not connected comes , but it pops the sapinst screen , i select the the SAP central instace

it ask for the SID of Centarl instancewhich i give as POI , then I press next , it ask for the mounting directory ,/sapmnt , then I press next.

-

> when i press next , the GUI screen closes , I am not able to understand why it closes any help from Your side

I wil be thankful to you if you can help us the solution for that

Thanks & Regds

Manish

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> it ask for the SID of Centarl instancewhich i give as POI , then I press next , it ask for the mounting directory ,/sapmnt , then I press next.

>

> -

> when i press next , the GUI screen closes , I am not able to understand why it closes any help from Your side

Please check the log in the window you started sapinst.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear markus

While running the the Installation , It ask for the /SAPMNT location screen , when i click next the screen closes and when i check the /tmp directory for log , no log dir has been made there.

Thanks & Regds

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Now, everytime do you start new installation or 'continue from old' in sapinst ?

yesterday, I was testing on Windows, and somehow once windows dumped and got restarted. After that, when I was continuing from old installation, sapinst was closing after sametime automatically. just a wild guess for your case too

and in /tmp no inst directory at all or it is not creating now while retrying ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Now, everytime do you start new installation or 'continue from old' in sapinst ?

yesterday, I was testing on Windows, and somehow once windows dumped and got restarted. After that, when I was continuing from old installation, sapinst was closing after sametime automatically. just a wild guess for your case too

and in /tmp no inst directory at all or it is not creating now while retrying ?