Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project closure activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to close the Project by setting the status CLOSE,

But system is not allowing me to this and showing one error message " Balance of WBS R.0000016.2.2.1.2.01 is not zero"

I have done the following steps:

1-Made the available budget to Zero against WBS

2-Made the available plan cost to Zero against WBS

3-Made the system status to TECHO

But when changing the status to CLOSE , system is throwing the above mentioned message

I think its asking to settle the actual cost from the WBS.

Is there any way to close the project without settlement ?

Thnx in adv.

Regards

Ashis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the settlement profile you can choose "Not for settlement" or "Can be settled". Then settlement is not mandatory. But this will apply to all projects using this settlement profile.

Regards,

Anuradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

actually i m not maintaing the settlement profile also...so its mandatory to settle before close

Former Member

Hi Ashish

Project closing is one of the biggest task being performed in SAP. Moreover, this is very time consuming and lenghty process involved.

You have to check so many parameters before being closing the project.

Settlement is one of the process which transfers the actual cost sitting on either network activities or WBS which are originated from various sources.

Besides that, we have to consider the following for closing projects.

1. Confirmtion of activities

2. If any of the activity confirmed wth less than planned hours, you have to remove those remaining hours while confirming. Else, creates actual cost equivalen of left out hous.

3. Check project stock: no project stock should exists. if exists transfer to plant stock or other projects.

4. Get th credit for the trasnferred components.

5. Confirmation of production orders, recording of all labour hours. Also Internal orders.

6. Return of excess material receivd for production. Get the credit for returned material so that, production material consumption would be reduced.

7. Check no labor postings from Engineering, Services, any other department who ever using CATS to record their timings on prjects.

8. Check open resevations - if exists cancel.

9. Check for production order statuses and confirm and close.

10. Check for billing.. no pending.

11. Revenue recognisation

12. if you have warranty costs, ensure to allocate for warranty issues. = if you have separate wbs element for warranty leave it alone. do not set either TECO or Closed because warranty period will continue.

13. Check pending approvals of labour hours recorded but not approved by appropriate authorities.

14. Result analysis to be performed

15. Settemet to be performed.

16. Cancel Open PO, amend the PO with latest recived qunatities.

17. Ensure Invoices received from vendors for their deliveries.

18. No payment dues to vendors.

Thanks for going throug such lengthy reply. Thanks for your patience to read all crap.

Regrds,

PSR

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashis,

For the project to be closed, you need to have

1. No open commitments (Get the report of commitments by CJI5)

2. No cost on the wbs elements (Get the report by CJI3)

For the project to be set to CLSD status, you must delete all the commitments and settle all the cost.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if settlment is required, project can not be closed without settlement. Means till there is cost on WBS it can not be closed.

regards

Maneesh

Edited by: Maneesh on Aug 21, 2009 6:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

my question is..whether settlement is mandatory for closing the project (By setting CLOSE Status)

or is there any configuration through which we can close the project without settlement.

As per the business requirement, they donot want to settle the actual cost but want to close the Project.

How can we do this.

ashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

without settlement you cannot set the status as "CLSD" - Closed for any project in SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx all.

ashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

If your requirement is not to post any further costs to the project and not to allow any other activities to the project, then you can choose Lock option, for setting this status settlement is not required.

Please note that the project is still not closed, you can Unlock the proejct also.

But for setting the CLSD status settlement id mandatory.

Regards,

Praveen.