cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR 5.3 Running Risk Analysis no working on more than one system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Help needed,

I have just configured RAR according to the configuration guide and am in the process of testing the ruleset against multiple systems.

The connections have been established and seem to be working as I am able to see users/roles/ profiles from each system based on the background jobs run in the configuration tab. The problem I am having is that when I run a risk analysis on a user or role in System A, SOD violations and conflicts return as they should. When I run a risk analysis on System B with users or roles that are identical to the user/roles in System A the risk analysis does not return any conflict???

This leads me to believe that the risk analysis is only running the ruleset against System A and not against System B. Does anybody have any suggestions for what may be happening here?

Your Swift Response would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by: suggsda on Aug 21, 2009 6:38 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The connection is fine when you can see user/roles ets ,but when it come to check SoD report System A is fine bcause Rule set is uploaded for System A, what you need to do is ask your basis admin to delete all rule set using scripts from java database and recreate Logical system and regenerate ruleset for both of them,since if you regenrate now,that wont help it as the riks generated associated is already linked to system A..

Thanks,

Prasant K Paichha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!!

I have exactly the same problem.. What was the solution?? Please, let me know.

Regards...

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you uploaded and generated rules for system B also. It seems you may have generated rules for System A only. There are 2 ways you can do risk analysis for multiple systems

1) Logical system: Combine both the system in one system if you think the rule set will be same for both the systems

2) Separate systems: In this case, you will have to upload function action and function permission files separately for both the systems and generate the rules.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please keep in mind that you need to generate the rules again whenever you change the logical systems as the rules have to adjust with the new generated systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response Alpesh Parmar,

I have grouped both systems A & B into a logical system as they will both use the same ruleset. For System B, I have uploaded the Auth Objects (text objects + permissions) and run Rule Generation via the Logical System section but still having the same issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is some issue. Did you combine System A and B after the rule generation or the logical system has been there?

You might have clean up all the rules and do everything from scrach and regenerate the rules for the logical system.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

System A and B are combined in a Logical System and I have generated the rules after the combinations of the systems.

I think cleaning up and starting from scratch may be the best option as well. Can you point me in the right direction for a good way to perform this clean up?