cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Adapter - Error Handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question with JDBC Sender Adapter. In my scenario, SAP XI will retrieve input data using JDBC Sender Adapter. Here is my question, What would happen if input data is wrong and cannot pass mapping in XI? Would XI send success record to target system?

For example, If XI retrieves 50 records from JDBC sender adapter and 3 records are identified as error record in XI mapping, would XI send 47 records(success records) to target system or all 50 records will be marked as error and no data will be sent to target system?

Regards,

Pavin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, XI will not send the failed messages to target system.

According to my knowledge, if you are processing each record per message then XI will pass the remaining messages to target system(47). if you have all the records in one message then it will get failed in XI itself, the messages will not reach to the target System.

Regards,

Venu V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using select query in Integration Directory to select input data from staging database. How would XI process input data? Would it see input data as one message or many messages according to no of records in staging database?

p.s. Currently, I don't have an access to XI system. So, I need help from someone who has been through this scenario before. Thank you.

Regards,

Pavin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have select* then it will fetch all the records per message. So in such cases according to my knowledge, if mapping fails then all the records of the message will not reach to the target system. i think , you can restrict the number of records per message in your select query or select all records, while mapping split them to one message per record.

Regards,

Venu V

Answers (0)