cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GETWA_NOT_ASSIGNED with IS_INITIAL macro function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my DP 5.0, I am trying to run a macro function IS_Initial. WHen i ran this macro in SDP94 interactively in my Qual system, its giving me a short dump with this error. GETWA_NOT_ASSIGNED. Field symbol has not yet been assigned. The current ABAP program "/SAPAPO/SAPLADVF" had to be terminated. What this means ? I am not getting any help on this. Surprisingly, same macro works fine in another Planning Area. But fails in the intended PA. Same thing happening in Dev system too.

I just wanted to show to users, that system can work well with 0 and nothing. So I want to capture 0, if its blank, capture other KF value. But its totally failing, whereas same macro works fine in other PA.

So what could be the reason ? I ran the PA time series const. check too. Still no help. Any suggestions pls ?

thanks

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing the thread. Thanks to all.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The dump is due to incorrect defination of macro function IS_INITIAL.Please note that in case of macro function IS_INITIAL the

datasource for ROw or column should be 'row attirbutes'.check this and change the macro function.

This should work.

regards,

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunitha,

I had the same issue, was running around places to resolve the dump in my system. Could get it resolved as you have suggested.

Regards,

Vasudevan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think between the 2 planning books, you are using, some key figures are missing in the book where the Macro is failing, pls ensure that the macro definition is correct as in it uses the correct KF. Also if the KF order is changed such error occurs.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this note 1006473

Thanks

Mani Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got that same problem before and we're on SCM 5.0 as well. My problem is that because I didn't use "Row attributes" in the datasource argument of the Row KF I was using.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SB,

Thanks for your quick help.

I am on SP 13. But I wonder how any notes will fix, if the same macro is working fine in another Planning area, not the intended one.

Can you pls share some ideas ?

Thanks a lot..

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you on 5.0 SP 14? Check OSS note 1169866.

BR,

SB