cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate the whole SAP environment to another server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We have to discontinue a SAP Server as it is aging and on disk space. We are running SAP 4.7 SR1 1.00 in this server.

<b>Now my question is; in the new Server how I will dump all SAP data of previous Server. </b>I am going to install SAP $.7 SR1 2.00 IDES in new Server on Windows 2003 and Oracle 9.2.

Also, will the programs written for R/3 40 1.00 IDES will match or work in R/3 47 2.00 IDES ?

With regards,

Pratip Bhattacharyya

<b></b>

(pratip.bhattacharyya@gmail.com)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand your question but I'll give it a try.

You can copy a system from one server to another using the system copy tools from SAP (accessed via http://service.sap.com/instguides)

For deleting the system, ideally you could copy the system and then do a complete server re-install for the new install. If you don't have this luxury, then you can delete the DB schemas (and who DB?) and then delete all the SAP executables for your SID (check the /usr directories). It is easier to do the deletion before the installation of the new server.

You can use the transport system to copy the ABAP and DDIC structures from one system to another (SAP R/3 Enterprise ES 1.00 and 2.00 uses the SAP NetWeaver AS release).

I hope this helps,

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Mike,

Thanks for your effort. But let me tell you the scenario in detail.

We have a server dl2kdv01. In this Server SAP R/3 4.7 SR1 100 IDES (Kernel 620)is running. Due to hardware problem and disk space problem management has decided to move this SAP System to a new Server dlwsdv10 where only Solution Manager is running. Ours’ is a Dev. env. SAP systems are running on Windows 2003 Server with Oracle 9.2 DB.

Now as I cannot find R/3 4.7 SR1 200 IDES. So I have downloaded R/3 4.7 SR1 2.00 IDES (Kernel 640).

Now my question is,

1. If I install the downloaded version than how I will add the database of old SAP to the new one.

Whether I have use transport client method or any other system. I need full step-by-step procedure.

2. Whether all programs and adapters designed in the earlier version will fully compatible to the new SAP System.

Hope, I have clearly describe my requirement.

You can directly mail me also.

With regards,

pratip Bhattacharyya

pratip.bhattacharyya@gmail.com

Answers (0)