cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many records does JDBC adapter can obtain in one polling?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I need to do an interface between legacy system and SAP ECC, the legacy systems have a DB so i use the jdbc adapter (sender) and receive the information to SAP ECC with proxy, so i need to activate the polling option from my jdbc adapter working as a sender, i read a table with lot of records, and i need to know how many records does jdbc adapter support when the polling is executed, because is necessary read all records from the table and change the status of the processed field.

Is possible to get all the records from that table in one polling interval (50,000 records aprox)?, or i need to do the polling by blocks of records until finish all records from the table?, the second option, i dont have idea how can i do it.

Regards,

Vicman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicman,

Whats the message size and whats the value you have given in EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT?

You can also write a query which will pick smaller chunks of records from the DB, say 10,000-15,000.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the help!

i have a doubt, where is the value EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT, in which part the information of that value is located??, and does anybody can help to solve this by ccbpm?, doing the split to the message that i get with the jdbc adapter into a smaller messages?

Thanks,

Vicman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto SXMB_ADM -> Integration Engine Configuration -> Specific Configuration -> Tuning Parameter name EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT.

With the parameter EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT, you can increase the message limit but cannot prioritize the message execution.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicman,

You can check this thread for EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT settings:

Also I think you can write a query to fetch n number of records in your sql query. Please do a google search for it.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i still trying to understand how to solve it

but i have one questions, what is the meaning from do "recordset per message in sender FCC."?, what is FCC?

thanks for your pattience,

Vicman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicman,

This option you will have only when you use file communication cahnnel. In your case it is not. Dont worry about this.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicman,

In Recordsets per Message you specify the number of recordsets to be grouped together in a message.

This is only used in the File CC and not relevant in your situation.

Please use the pointers given by me and Satish and you will be able to resolve your issue.

regards,

Neetesh

Edited by: Neetesh Raj on Aug 20, 2009 4:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again!,

i still working on that, but i have a question, is possible to handle Store Procedure in jdbc adapter?? is supported?, like PL SQL, because i was working in the next query but i don't know if it works and where do i need to locate the query in the Query SQL Statement or in Update SQL Statement field or both? but how?.

-

DECLARE c_cursor CURSOR FOR

SELECT * FROM tablename

WHERE processed=0

OPEN c_cursor

FETCH NEXT FROM c_cursor

WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0

BEGIN

update tablename set processed=1

FETCH NEXT FROM c_cursor

END

CLOSE c_cursor

DEALLOCATE c_cursor

-

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicman,

Please refer to this link from SAP help for sender JDBC CC.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/22/b4d13b633f7748b4d34f3191529946/frameset.htm

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicman,

The direct answer would be there is no limit. So it all depends upon your hardware, network etc. When you poll it tries to read all the records in the database, the time to reach in sxmb_moni and to process them will depend upon all the above factors.

But for safety we always read them in chunks because the processing might be fast with this. If you try to read a million records at one shot all other interfaces behind this interface is in queue until it completes that transaction.`

Regards,

---Satish