cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom FPM Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys

I created a WD application, that points to a custom FPM Application ( using the "sap.xss.BaseConfigurationID" parameter ). The applications seems to working fine, becouse when I run it, it is showing the FPM Views added into my custom application's perspective.

The big issue is that the FPM Views is not showed when I try to create the WD IView to be used into a WD Page.

I found a WIKI "https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/How-to add a custom Web Dynpro iView to the MSS Employee Profile (ECC 6.0)" that shows how to use the standard GeneralInformation Application. In this case, the FPM Views are showed properly into the "mss~eepro" DC.

I read the entire FPM's documentation 2 times and I couldnt found the solution!

Did I miss something?

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you creating Configuration Component through web dynpro or in portal?

What do you mean by "FPM Views added into application's perspective"?

Are you getting some view that is not created by you under your VAC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aishwarya

I created the Configuration Component into Portal.

>>What do you mean by "FPM Views added into application's perspective"?

Im talking about the FPM Views added into the FPM Application into the portal.

>>Are you getting some view that is not created by you under your VAC

Yes, I want to use the Team Viewer with my own VAC. Thats why I created my custom FPM Application. The problem as I said is that I could not create the WD IViews from my DC, just like showed in the mentioned WIKI ( in that case, it added his View into an standard DC/FPM Application ).

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

According to the articles in the WIKI which you mention, I believe the author remove it's default window and use only the IVACWindow (and the application use this IVACWindow), and I suspect this might be the reason why you can't create WD iView from your own DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor

I didn't follow the WIKI. I have just mentioned it like a reference....

Using it as example, my problem can be verified into figure 18 "Create a Web Dynpro iView for sap.com/msseepro/GeneralInformation". In that case, he is using the standard DC "msseepro". The Eepdemo IView was add into the standard FPM Application GeneralInformation.

I tried to implement this exercise ( just to verify if I have any problem in my EP ) and it worked for me. As I said into previews post I wanna implement my own FPM Application and DC... The application is ok ( I think ), but my DC didnt show the FPM Iviews added into the FPM Application ( figure 18 again ).

PS: If I run the WD application it shows the IViews!

Best regards