Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not select the All the auth Group in PFCG for S_TABU_DIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I have ABAP developer Role and trying to modify the Role by removing the Auth Group for HR modules and keeping other

Auth Group for other Modules.

I click on the S_TABU_DIS Auth Goup Field change button.

Click on the Pull down menu

Select all the Auth Group ( Approximately 500)

Deselected HR Auth Groups ( PA PS01 PS02 etc)

&

Click on the Copy button.

It did not populate all the Auth Groups in S TABU DIS Auth Group Field.

Please advise if I am missing anything.

Thanks,

From,

pranav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used * value for ranges....

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Please mention as range of objects for example a to z objects are there and i want to remove s then

give a-r and then next w-z like this you need to do.

Thanks & Regards,

Vidyadhar K

0 Kudos

> Please mention as range of objects for example a to z objects are there and i want to remove s then

> give a-r and then next w-z like this you need to do.

For this you will need additional authorizations - namely S_USER_VAL with full authority (*) for object S_TABU_DIS.

Some folks intentionally don't frant this authority for that same reason.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Julius,

Why I would need to add that object if I am putting the range?

Please advise.

From,

Pranav

0 Kudos

You will not need to add the object --> you will need it in your own authorization to be able to make a range as the role admin.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you aware that there is a limit to the length of an authorization field etc?

Please see the FAQ thread at the top of the forum page - there is a SAP Note link in there for you.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used * value for ranges....

0 Kudos

Same problem, see this link: [SAP Help S_USER_VAL|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/50/c900c84813d311ba490800060d888b/content.htm]

Regards,

Steven

Edited by: Steve Fletchall on Oct 5, 2009 10:40 PM

0 Kudos

Yes, some fields have cross-object relationships. For org. levels it is much the same.

There are limits to these fields - you can over-ride them or bypass the checks, but it is no guarantee that it will work.

There are many "tools" ouside of PFCG which do this... without respecting the limits.

Do not be surprised if it does not work, or you have perforamce problems, or strange user experiences....

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Oct 5, 2009 10:53 PM