cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMARTFORMS : Bar code printing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I understand SAPScript would require SIMM/DIMM modules to print bar code, but SMARTFORMS doesn't require any. I have created a System bar code in SE73 called ZBC (interleaved 2 of 5). I have created a SMARTSTYLE with a character format ZC with the bar code ZBC. I am using this style in a SMARTFORM (Z_TEST1) to test print and check the bar code. It is showing something like a bar code - some 10 bars of equal size -in print preview but nothig gets printed in the actual printout. I am printing in LOCL printer which is of device type HPLaserjet400 (ZHPLJ400). Any idea why it is not printing bar code?

We are SAP Enterprise Version 4.7 with Service pack SAPK*62064. Please help.

Thanks,

S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Check whether ur printer is capable of printing BARCODES which u can do it MSWORD and check from SAP for the same printer. Its the Basis Consultant who will come into picture with this sort of things.

surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all folks for your responses.

I have tried creating 'New' custom barcode ZC_I25 type 2 of 5 Interleaved and included it in my smartstyle. I have

printed in 'LOCL' printer which has device type SWIN. It shows bar code like character (10 bars of equal size) in print preview and output (sp01) preview (Spool request No 1924), it is printing blank. I have the following questions.

1. With SMARTFORM do we need any .DLL files to be installed to be able to print barcodes?

2. I understand Smartform converts barcode as image file and sends it to printer. If it is so, why it is not showing the image file in print

preview, it seems to show some dummy bar code. By any chance any software update is missing in our system?

3. When we do test print barcode ZC_I25 from SE73, it shows the barcode correctly in print preview and it also prints correctly. How is it able to print from SE73 correctly but not through SMARTFORM.

Thank you.

S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To print barcodes using smartform,you have to assign a character format of barcode type,only then it will work I suppose.

Create a character format with barcode attributes and try assigning this to the field for which you are printing barcodes.

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have resolved the issue, the issue was printer device type. We are using one of HP Laser Jet Printer, we initially had it as device type 'HPLJ4000', we have changed the device type to POST2 with installing PostScript drivers to the printer. It helped and we are able to print bar codes.

We didn't need any additional software (other than Post script drivers) or DIMM or SIMM to print with SMARTFORM. The print preview still shows only dummy bar code (some 10 bars of equal size), but it pprints correctly in the output.

Thank you.

S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Some HP printers do not support Barcode Printing,check that first.

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

check with your basis team may this is basis setting problem for

bar code printing .

regards

prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

I have faced similar problem.

You can assign the value for which you are printing barcode to another variable in your Smartform.

And print barcode with that assigned variable.

Check out this solution..it should work.

P.S: Check barcode in Printing only.Print preview might not show you the desired barcode.

Edited by: PragyaGupta on Aug 21, 2009 6:35 AM