cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with my prompt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below is my prompt XIR2 and DB2

W100DP1.LIHEA_ELIG_CERT.FISCAL_YEAR = @prompt('FISCAL YEAR,'N','Case Identification\FYEAR',mono,free)

I am getting error invalid def.

'Case Identification\FYEAR' is my Object\Class. Any suggestions or help please?. Thanks so much.

Toby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ur prompt syntax you have missed one quotaion in Prompt message W100DP1.LIHEA_ELIG_CERT.FISCAL_YEAR = @prompt('FISCAL YEAR','Case Identification\FYEAR','N',mono,free)

Cheers

Suresh Aluri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton, I appreciate it. I figured it after sometime yesterday. Can you please tell me about usage of Persistent, non-Persistent ?. THanks so much again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Persistent is used in the prompt defition to keep the last selected value for which the report was refreshed and saved.

IThis is a default behaviour of prompts.

While Non-Persistent is used so that the last selected value should not appear in the prompt by default instead a blank should appear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BOXI R3 , prompts were redefined by having some extra parameters to them. one of them is Persistent/Non Persistent.

Persistent: Its used in the prompt defition to keep the last selected value for which the report was refreshed and saved.

It is set by default.

Non-Persistent is useful when you don't require the last keyed vaule to be displayed in ur prompt when the next time you ran ur report.

Do appreciate if it is useful.

Cheers,

Suresh A.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this..

W100DP1.LIHEA_ELIG_CERT.FISCAL_YEAR = @prompt('FISCAL YEAR','N','Case Identification\FYEAR',mono,free)

I think you have missed quotation after Year...

Also check if the object on RHS is Number and pointing to correct object definition...if it is a character then use 'A' instead of 'N'

Edited by: rohit12 on Aug 21, 2009 7:40 AM