cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UOM Conversion in APO DP Planning Book

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have defined UOM conversion at the product level so that I can switch between different UOMs in the Planning Book.

The base UOM at the product level is "KILO" (mass) and I need to show the planning book data in "Million Bushels" (volume). The required conversion between TON and MB for a particular commodity is 1 million KILO = 49.21 MB but Master Data setting for Product for UOM conversion does not allow entering more than 100.000 against KILO and any decimals 0.4921 against MB. So in effect I am not able to define the conversion factor due to APO digits/decimal constraint in the UOM tab.

I guess this would be a very common situation faced by lot of consultants and definitely there has to be some work around or some other way to define the conversion, which probably I am not aware or I am missing. Please advise/help.

FYI, I am using SCM 5.0

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

I can suggest you the following. You can create another UOM as Bushel = 0.000001 MB and then maintain 49210 Bushel = 1 Kilo in product master. Alternately maintain Base UOM of product as TON (1000 kg) and then maintain 49.21 MB = 1000 TON.

In short you have not defined a reasonable base UOM for product according to your business.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nitin for your suggestion. I had kind of thought on similar lines but the challenge that I am facing is I don't know how/where to define UOM conversion between Bushels and MB. I tried SPRO/General Settings (CUNI) but it allows you to create new UOM but the numerator and denominator is always set to 1 and is non-editable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is still unresolved. Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shwint

These 2 fields should be editable... did you create your unit as a mass?

Then you need to use the button number 4 to link your 2 units. (or F7 - it has a 100 inside)

thanks and regards

Julien

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was finally able to figure out how to handle UOM conversion in interactive DP. Basically UOM conversion in the product master should be defined for the base unit of measure (for instance "KILO") and the SI unit of measure (say "Bushels"). Then using "CUNI", relation between the required UOM (for instance "MB") and the SI UOM ("Bushels") can be defined by entering the conversion factor of 1 million in the numerator text box for "MB".