cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI SD invoices in electronic format - Technical options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Lately we have received a request by several key customers for sending them our sales invoices in an electronic format by EDI. My company currently has release 4.6C and we may have a version up project to 6.0, but we still donu2019t know the date. We know that in 4.6C release there is the option of output determination with medium u20186u2019 for generating idocs for the billing documents. We donu2019t know if there is other option or which one is better. Taking into account that we will version up to 6.0, we need as well to know SAP options for electronic invoice in 6.0.

We would like to know also if SAP provides a tool for mapping the files to the format expected by the customer (that is not always the same), for managing files in folders (for tracking of errors, re-sending and consulting of documents), distributing the extracted files to customers (in the way required by the customer, attached in a mail, posted into the customer network boxu2026), and for the digital signature. In that way we wonu2019t need an external tool.

We need as well to tell the customers a due date for the project. How long can it take taking into account that itu2019s for 4 customers?

Many many thanks for your support,

Nacho

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a small update - SAP does have a tool for digital signatures ([SSF|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/cd/183fc6eaec4cbdac9d598cc23ae2dd/frameset.htm]). I'm not sure it works with IDocs though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Just one thing remainig of all my questions. According to what I have found, ALE and EDI technologies both make use of SAP's IDoc interface, in 4.6C and as well in 6.0 ECC. I haven't found any reference to any other Standard SAP exchange formats, Idocs seem the only data structure chosen. Can anyone with experience in 6.0 please confirm it?

best regards,

Nacho

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IDoc is the only data exchange technology available in standard SAP without any custom programming, to my knowledge. Nothing's changed in 6.0 in that area.

Here is the EDI/ALE page on SDN: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/ale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jelena,

Many thanks, that confirms the information I had found

best regards,

Nacho

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For mapping SAP provides separate system called XI (PI), which is standalone system and licensed separately .It depends how many cusomers you have and how many invoices are to be sent. Sometimes it is better to cooperate with external EDI supplier providing mapping and tracing services.

BR,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marcin,

Many thanks for your answer. I think that when we migrate we will use XI, but anyway for EDI invoices the mapping and signing tool used needs to be certified by tax office, according to what I have found we will need an external non-sap software for this purpose.

Many thanks,

Nacho

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd recommend to start with reading the IDoc Cookbook (Google it) and SD General forum. There are already lots of posts regarding EDI and IDocs. Also Google might help:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=SAPEDI810

Not sure about the digital signature but, to my knowledge, there are no mapping tools, unless you have the XI module. Many companies use some middleware to facilutate the EDI process, you might want to look into that option. In my last job we used Sterling software.

The project will probably take a couple of months at least, depending on what kind of talent you have at your disposal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jelena,

Many thanks for your answer. Idoc cookbook has been very useful, I have found many information about EDI, ALE and idocs.

According to what I have found, ALE and EDI technologies both make use of SAP's IDoc interface, in 4.6C and as well in 6.0 ECC.

best regards,

Nacho