cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejected email notification are not generated in CUP 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

The rejected emails are not getting delivered to the user in a particular scenario. Below is my scenario where the email is not generated

1) The request has two roles with two role owners / BDOs

2) The rejected email delivered if the manager rejects the request

3) the rejected email is not delivered if one of the bdo rejects the request first and then the other BDO approves the request later.

4) The rejected email is delivered to the user if one of the BDO approves first but the other BDO rejects only after the first BDO approved the request.

Our conclusion is that the rejected email will be delivered only the last BDO rejects the request but we want the email delivered at any level.

We are looking for some solution for the step 3 in the above mentioned steps. Any help or solution is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Varma,

You have two approvers in the same stage (BDO) whereas manager stage has only one approver. Whenever manager approvers/rejects there is noone else changing the approval and it goes to next stage. In the next stage (BDO), anyone approver can change the approval before it gets routed to the next stage. Can you check the rejection level setting in the BDO stage configuration? If you set the rejection level to request instead of role, this should reject and close the request and CUP will send the email notification.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right. I have no issue getting the rejected email at manager level. That is expected as we have the rejection level set to request. I don't want to have the rejection level set at request instead of role at BDO stage level as I would like to continue the request with other BDOs. I don't want to close the request as soon as any of the BDOs reject the request. Let me know if you need further clarification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Varma,

If you set the rejection level at role then CUP will not send out email notification. That is how it is suppossed to work. It only sends out rejection email when request is rejected. The reason is simple, whenever request is rejected it is closed whereas whenever request is approved, it continues to go further in the approval chain till it gets closed. I don't think anyway you will be able to send out the email notification, if you keep the rejection level at role.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

It does send rejected email notification if the last BDO in the path rejects the roles. That's why I am little confused. I still think that the email should be sent out for the rejection level at role also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Varma,

The reason is simple when the last approver rejects, CUP is rejecting the request. If you check with SAP they will say that this is how the functionality works. I think you should open a message with SAP and let us know about the outcome.

Regards,

Alpesh