cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with "Confirmation of Service"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

I have a sales order with, what I think, is an invalid schedule line on it. The schedule line is missing the Delivery Date. This line is also greyed out, so I cannot delete or modify it. The problem I'm having is that when trying to create delivery for new schedule line, I am told that the sales order is incomplete, thus, I cannot create the delivery.

Well, the incompleteness comes from the missing Delivery Date on this old schedule line. When I try to delete it, even though it is greyed out, I'm told I cannot, due to a subsequent document. This subsequent document turns out to be a "confirmation of service" doc that shows up in the document flow, between the delivery and invoice way back in January of 2009, which is when the delivery was created.

Between Jan and today, many deliveries have been made against this schedule line, but as I've stated, today, I see that this rouge schedule line appears at the top of the list in the sales order. Aside from it having no Delivery Date, it has no quantity associated with it.

I don't know how to get rid of this line item so that deliveries can be created for current schedule lines.

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks,

Bryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the document flow, if you could see "Confirmation of Service", then while doing PGI of the respective document, there would have been no movement type.

Similarly, check in sale order what item category is flowing. It could have been TAX / TAW in which case, it will not check the stock and one can do PGI with this item category without having stock. So first check that delivery document whether you could see the movement type there and item category as well.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out this note 319866. We used this to remove the conf of service and then delete the delivery. should be able to open up the order and correct at that point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

-First delete PGI for this delivery using VL09

- Delete delivery document for the item

You should be able to open this item..