Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bdc with break point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have coded a bdc program.

if i set a BREAK POINT in my bdc program it places the DATA as per my requirement.

if i WONT SET A BREAK POINT then it is not placeing the data as per my requirement.

i am sure there is no bug in my code,can any one help it.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

you will use external break point

like this

break-point 'Username'.

Thanks & regards

Sreenivasulu P

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably there is some issue with commit work.

If you start the debugger, then the system triggers an automatic commit statement for each f5.

Probably you should commit explicitly.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member184569
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While debugging system automatically calls various commit work statements.

Use this code in your program at intervals.

commit work.

or

commit work and wait.

Thanks,

Susmitha

0 Kudos

change the Mode from 'N' to 'E' so that you can stop exactly at the error screen, and correct it, may be you missed it in your BDCDATA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

CHECK OUT THE POSITION WHERE YOU R SETTING THE BREAK POINT,CHECK WHEATHER YOU CAN SET ANY OTHER COMMAND INSTEAD OF BREAK POINT, BECAUSE I DONT THINK THE BREAK POINT SHOULD AFFECT THE PLACING OF DATA.

THANKS

MRUTYUN

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

After doing the bdc if your are accessing database, you may not find the changed value to do that either call call transaction in synchronous mode . if at you are using call transaction skip first screen use waite so that database values will get updated. the reason is call transaction by default it is asynchronous. hope this should dolve your problem.

thanks and regards,

Manohar.

0 Kudos

@

If anybody else has faced similar issue please share.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Can you run your BDC in the foreground mode with mode = 'A' and check your bdcdata table.

Also some time the unwanted cursor positions create this sort of problem, can you check your recording for this and if found try to remove the bdccursor position and then execute your code.

Also make sure that your are refreshing the bdcdata table before every call.

Please try this and let us know the results.

Regards,

Amit