Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring and transports in MDM 5.5 sp6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Monitoring:

In mdm 5.5 sp6 once you create your repository, how do you monitor it regularly??

lets say i need to upload a excel file every day via import manager and syndicate it.

i schedule it using windows scheduler.

Now,is there any specific location where i can look at whether the my repository is working fine are it is runing through errors?

and Normally how do we monitor a repository ?

Transports:

I learnt that once you create a repository , if you wish to move from ur dev to qa, then..

1) we need to archive the rep,

2) copy the file to archive directory of quality system

3) unarchive in qa

is this the correct way of transportation involved in MDM.(5.5 sp6)??

or do we have any other process to move the repositories?

If you move the a2a file in the above mention way, do our rules, strategies, validations be created automaticallly in qa or we need to create them manually again in qa ??

Thanks in advance

Regards

phani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

For monitoring MDM 5.5 SP06 Repositories, you can use MDM Console, Wily Introscope and Solution Manager.

- Standard MDM Console guide available on - www.service.sap.com/installmdm

- https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/30aa4934-cc63-2c10-0491-d312a106f716

For moving repository from one environment to other, you can either transfer the entire repository or only the schema.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you say mdm console,can you tell me where init?

transports:

when you say schema are you talking about the input or output structure schema that we upload in 'schema' under admin folder in console ??

Thanks in advance

regards

phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Phani

when you say mdm console,can you tell me where init?

Under each repository you will also find reports which contains useful LOGS and information. GO through them for monitoring different actions done on MDM. Similarly at the server level you can access the LOg files which you can find in consle at the bottom.

transports:

when you say schema are you talking about the input or output structure schema that we upload in 'schema' under admin folder in console ??

Transporting the repository can happen in 2 ways:

1. using the a2a file as described by you. this is exact replica of the repo with all data, Matching etc.

2. Creating a new repo from one environment to another using "Import Schema" option. For this first you need to export the repository schema from console.

please close the thread if answered.

best regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks for the response.

Transports, in both the methods that you mentioned all the validations, stratergies,workflows are also transported with repository.

Is my assumption true?

Regards

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

No transport with the schema option does not transport Matcching strategy and workflows. Validation and assignments are transported with the schema transport.

best regards

Ravi

Answers (0)