Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Texts from sales Orders to invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

someone can help me?

the additional texts of old invoices (related to sales order #1) are changed when I change the additional texts of the order where they come from (sales order #1)

I don't want this changes in the old invoices created before changing the additional texts in sales order.

Thanks,

Antonio.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

The changes are happening becaause of the reference of the sales order in the invoice document. I think you will have to manually over write the text or have a program do it, so that the old text written manually.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

First at all thanks for answering.

According to your answer I understand that every time I modified the sales order I'd have to launch a program to maintain the texts in the old invoices, isn't it?

Thanks again!

Antonio.

0 Kudos

Yeah, I would guess so as you want to retain the old texts of the invoice.

May be you can try this - When you create the invoice, manually update the texts of the invoice with the ones in the Sales order. Now, if you change the texts in the sales order, check if it still changes.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

You are rigth, but I would avoid to change the texts directly in the invoice.

Antonio.