Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need role/profile for ALE system user

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a system user and assigned it to the necessary RFCs in our DEV system. The RFCs are used to ALE data between our DEV, QAS, and PRD systems. If I assign profile B_ALE_ALL to the user in the receiving system I do not get IDOCS created in our QAS system. If I assign SAP_ALL to the user I do get IDOC's created in QAS. Can anybody recommend another role to assign. Or a method to troubleshoot this authorization error. I want to limit this system user in the receiving system to creation of IDOCs only.

Thanks in Advance, Jay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try profile S_IDOC_ALL All authorizations for IDoc functions

Regards,

Gowrinadh

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try profile S_IDOC_ALL All authorizations for IDoc functions

Regards,

Gowrinadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

> The RFCs are used to ALE data between our DEV, QAS, and PRD systems.

This is seldom a good idea...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried S_IDOC_ALL, but with no success. Thank you

0 Kudos

Hi,

Then I recommend to give sap_all and trace the user in QAS system. Once the data transfers are complete, please anaylyze the trace and see what authorizations it requires. Now build a role with this authorizaiton and remove sap_all.

Since you are transferring applicaiton data, the programs might also check that access as well.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is now solved. We used a combination of profile B_ALE_ALL and another custom profile with authorization object S_RFC.

Thanks for the assistance.