Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

order change vs. order status

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

The Completion Rule for item category has been set as blank, why partial deliveries triger order status to be Completed? How to make order complete until it's completely delivered?

Case:

Aug 5 - create sales order A

Aug 5 - release credit block for order A

Aug 12 - create partial delivery

Aug 15 - change order price

Then, overall order status "completed", reject status "nothing rejected", delivery status "fully delivered", overall blocked status "not blocked", the confirmed quantity in the schedule line automatically shows the partially delivered quantity.

When creating another delivery for order A, the system pops up "No delivery-relevant items in order A, Message no. VL455".

Edited by: Cathy on Aug 20, 2009 3:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guess, the indicator is B. Please go through the documentation on the behaviour of the partial delivery indicator B...

Indicator B-One delivery attempt carried out on any date

This delivery should fully satisfy the order quantity. If the delivery quantity does not correspond to the outstanding order quantity, you receive a warning message.

Any delivery quantity, even zero, completes processing of the order. This indicator can be used, for example, for customers who want no backorders to be generated, even when a delivery quantity is zero.

If only part of the order quantity can be delivered, a delivery is created and the order item is then regarded as completed.

Regards,

Ravi

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

No. The indicator is blank. Acutually, order A has ever been partially delivered on Aug 12, Aug 15. To simiplify it, I have not mentioned it in my previous thread. Sorry for the confusion I made.

Pls help. Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem with a debit memo. I want multiple billings off iof it.

Chris Lintner

Aflac

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Is it caused by the field "fixed date & qty"? This field defaults as checked. This is a MTS scenario. On Aug 5, the confirmed qty only can be confirmed against delivery date Aug 8 until credit block is released. After 2 partial deliveries, order A is changed price on Aug 15.

Pls correct my assumption as followings if I'm wrong. The change on Aug 15 trigers the similar "availability check" or "order update" again. Because "fixed date & qty" is checked, the total partial delivered qty only can be considered as the confirmed qty against delivery date Aug 8 on Aug 15.

If my assumption is correct. I wonder why "availability check" or "order update" can be carried out. U know, the schedule line category CP does NOT activate "availability check". I simulate the case in the test system (same server) but no such issue occurs.

Any advice?

Hi Chris,

I use the standard item category L2N for debit meno. As I cannot access the system now, I'll respond later.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is it caused by the field "fixed date & qty"?

Check this thread for the above question

[fixed date and qty in slines |]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks. Besides, I read the relevant thread related to that. Some thread mentioned that MTS scenario automatically check availalability, even availability check has not activated in item category. Is it correct? If it's correct, it seems that can explain the confirmed qty is the same as the total partial delivery qty on delivery date Aug 8. But, why no second schedule line pops up as availability check works?

Looking forward to your comments.

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts, any update?

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the value in 'Partial Delivery Indicator' field in Customer master-sales area data -shipping tab?

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Partial delivery is allowed in CM. Pls help. Thx.