cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable the "select role" button from the user access form only?

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

Does anyone know how to disable the "select role" button from the user access form only? We need it there for the approvers since the security team needs to actually assign the roles once they get the email that a new or change request was submitted. But we don't want our end users (who submit the request) to be able to add a role. Right now our workaround is to have the security team unselect the roles and add the correct ones. But we would really like to prevent the end user from selecting one to begin with.

Thanks,

Peggy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In CUP On the Configuration tab, navigate to End User Personalization.

For Roles Setting Mandatory to Yes

requires the end user to select

roles before submitting a

request.

Setting Visible to Yes enables

the Select Roles button, which

allows end users to select roles

for a request.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you PARTHASARATHY NUNNA. Your solution was much easier to implement and I tried it and it works. The requestor cannot assign a role but the approver can.

Peggy

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, I get it now.....

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

None of our end users have UME roles. I only want this removed from the "USER REQUEST FORM" not from the "APPROVER FORM".

Isn't the point of this form so you don't have to give all of your end users a UME role? I can promise you, we have not put all of our end users in UME. Are you saying that if I want them to NOT see the "Select Role" button, that I need to make a UME role like the AEAPPROVER role (but without the ViewSelectRoles permission) and give this role to all our end users?

Thanks,

Peggy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peggy,

For initating a request, user has to loginto AE right... So what userid and password are the users using to loginto AE? If a user is able to loginto AE/CUP with the help of a userid and password, then these users will exist in UME and you will be able to assign a UME role to them.

Out of box functionality of AE/CUP is that every user that exist in UME (when I say exist, I don't mean you created them but if they can login to AE with a userid and password..) then they are given a group called EVERYONE and this EVERYONE group is assigned to AEAPPROVER, so all the users who loginto AE will get access to the permissions under the AEAPPROVER role (if you are using out of box roles in UME for AE).

So if you want to remove the select roles button from create request form, you need to edit the AEAPPROVER role.. Hope I am clear this time.. let me know if you need more info

Naveen

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

But the end users don't have any roles for this - This is the entry screen where you don't need any UME roles.

Thanks,

Peggy

Former Member
0 Kudos

ENd users have the AEENDUSER role with everyone group assigned to it. Search for AEENDUSER role in UME and edit it. It will fix the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peggy,

Sorry the role was AEAPPROVER not AEENDUSER. But you need to make sure that all the managers or security admins have access to the ViewSelectRoles permission.

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peggy,

Just remove the following permission from the end user role: ViewSelectRoles . This will remove the select roles from the create request.

- Naveen