cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persisting UI customizations

0 Kudos

Hi,

is there some standard way how to persist UI customizations of Web Dynpro Java applications? E.g., in my application, I allow the user to select the visible table columns of the tables. Of course, it would be great if this selection could be reproduced the next time the user lauches the application...

Cheers, Ralph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

Do you mean to say that you are not able to replicate the functionality every time the application is run? in that case there might be some logical error.

Or you want the funtionality of column selection to be applied to all the webdynpro application that are created and are using table UI?

in this case it not possible unless you apply the column selection funtionality to all the application manually

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for an easy and standardized way to persist the UI customizations to my application, e.g. on a per user basis. Each user should have his own "profile" for my application, where e.g. the visible table columns (and expanded/shrinked trays etc.) are persisted.

Do I have to write my own database persistence for this or is there an easier way?

Cheers, Ralph

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your applications are running in the portal then you can make use of Implicit Personalizations. For more details refer to [this|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b07501ec-39a7-2910-0699-f71070d2b245] article.

Regards,

Satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

So, you want the changes/customization of user screen to persist for a particular user every time he launches the application. So, if a user has kept a tray collapsed, it shud remain collapsed.

I dont think that is possible in webdynpro java till you maintain the states of UI elements in some database persistence.