Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding SQL to XI connectivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

i am coneecting XI server to SQL .

My XI is 3.0 and SQL is SQL 2005 express.

my tcp/IP port is showing status LIstening ...

but when i am doing Telent , it is giving Error , (Could not open connection to the host, on port 1433 Connection Falied )

have followed the URL given below (/people/charu.agarwal/blog/2009/07/02/problems-faced-while-connecting-to-sql-server-using-jdbc-adapter-in-pi) for troubleshooting

and done the correction as per given blog

Need your all kind help for the same isse

Regards

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems network related error, better tocheck with your network team on port whether opened or not meanwhile check with your network team whether telenet is blocked or not, why because so many organization telenet is blocked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We checked at routers and Firewall, the ports are opened. with the heklp of Network team

Gyes please help me out .

Regards

Priya

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

Try with IP adddress instead of host,

Cheers

Agasthuri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved out , the issue was at firewall the port was blocked ...and Telnet services at XI devlopment server for this SQL system was not propely assigned , so that XI dev can connect with SQL system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

The issue iss not solved out till yet ,

Both the routers are by passed now , no firewall between SQL system and XI devlopment system .

jar are correct , still the same issue ....when monitoring the communication channel

my SQL is 2005 Express .

JDBC Driver name is -->> com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

Connection is -->> jdbc:sqlserver://10.10.46.73;user=sa;password=SAPWD@123;database=XIBIDATABASE

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:sqlserver://10.10.46.73;user=sa;password=SAPWD@123;database=XIBIDATABASE' using the JDBC driver 'com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:sqlserver://10.10.46.73;user=sa;password=SAPWD@123;database=XIBIDATABASE': com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host has failed. java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect'

Please help .

Regards

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

In additioin to Agasthuri response,

Try to ping your SQL Server from system hosting adapter engine ( Most likely same XI system). try using IP address too.

Hope this will help.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Tried by pinging both SQL to XI and XI to SQL both are working. Is there any agent for connectivity to XI Server.

We installed SQL Express 2005 in Normal Desktop PC and configured as shown in following URL.

(/people/charu.agarwal/blog/2009/07/02/problems-faced-while-connecting-to-sql-server-using-jdbc-adapter-in-pi)

At SQL installed PC showing Listening port 1433 as per the above URL.

We checked and allowed the port 1433 through Firewall by giving specific to SQL to XI and no access-list in router.

Is there any config or any agent needs to install at XI server for connectivity from SQL to XI Server.

Please guide me.

Thanks

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are trying to establish the connectivity between Databse and XI, then you have to deploy the jarfiles.

Have you deployed jar files in XI by using SDM or JSPM for that particular version?, If not deplay and give a try by configuring the JDBC adapter.

Regards,

Venu V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Already installed jar files and configured JDBC adapter. We checked that already.

Thanks

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to connect to the Sql Server on your desktop from some other external system by using JDBC program with plain Java

class with will take only 5 minutes (don't forget to add jdbc drivers to your path/project). Then you will know whether the problem is with port or drivers or any other issues. I think it is better way to troubleshoot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

more than 200 sites are connect to the Sql Server on desktop from some other external system by using JDBC program with plain Java.

and they are working fine , so there is no problem

Thanks

Priya