Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Incomplete logon data" using "Single Sign On when refreshing reports"

klaus_buchner2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to create a connection from Business Objects (Enterprise) to a SAP BW system by using "Single Sign On when refreshing reports on runtime".

I tried to logon as "SAP" User (<System-ID>~<Client>/<SAP User>) to the Universe Designer.

I get the error message "incomlete logon data" (the same if I logon as "Enterprise" User)

In the corresponding SAP-System I found a Shortdump (ST22) and it seems that Business objects tried to connect to SAP with an "empty" user.

But in the "Single Sign On when refreshing reports on runtime"-possibility I'm not able to type in a User and/or Password.

So I assume Business Objects takes the User / Password from my logon to the Universe Designer. ???

What do I have to do to forward my User / Password from my logon to the Universe Designer to the connection to SAP BW?

If I use the option to specify a dedicated User and Password (e. g. mine) everything works fine!

It also works to logon with my SAP-User(<System-ID>~<Client>/<SAP User>) e. g. to the Business Objects InfoView or CMS...

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

Klaus

Edited by: Klaus Buchner on Aug 20, 2009 2:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member263418
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus

Prior to sign on to any businessobjects products using SAP authentication mode you have first to setup it in the CMC.

Connec to the BusinessObject Central Managment Console (CMC) using an administrator login on the entreprise authentication mode.

Then goto the Authentication page, you should have an SAP entry (if not check you have installed correctly the SAP toolkit). Double click on it this will show up a dialog box to setup the SAP authentication mode.

On this page you will precise your SAP system to log on, an SAP login and password and few other information (logon group ...)

You will then be able to import into your CMS your SAP users and you will be able to connect using the SAP authentication mode.

Hope this helps

regards

Benoit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

klaus_buchner2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay, Benoit, thank you for your useful hints - now it works.

Regards

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

I had the similar issue in my project and I was able to resolve it.

Frankly, I dont know much about SAP BW side.

I went through following links, hope it helps.

My project had requirement of XCelsius and we installed it at the end after SAP Inegration kit.

Once XCelsius installed, Designer error surfaced in the CLIENT MACHINE and not in Server.

Resolution for my scenario is installing XCelsius in the begining and other client tools and finally SAP integration kit.

Strangely, the issue is resolved.

It seems that XCelsius installation (at the end) modified some dll which resulted in the error.

Not sure whether you installed XCelsius as part of your project requirement and that too at the end.

If it is the case, hopefully XCelsius installation at the beginning should fix it ( coz the resolution fixed the issue in all our client installation)

But one more issue is the Charts gets disappear in the Webi Rich Client , if you install XCelsius at the begining.

For Charts disappearance resolution, follow the link below, issue will be resolved.

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=120724&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=charts&s...

Thanks

Vijay B