cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading of requests of one cube to new cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is it possible to load data requests loaded in one cube to be loaded in similar other cube(which is copy of the original cube)i.e the init request and even the delta requests. These request are available in PSA. Can I use them to load in different cube.(which is copy of the original cube)

and is there any problem if this new cube is created on a date before the request date or after the request dates.

Please advice.

Regards,

Wrushali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use Reconstruction in data target management using requests already loaded in this cube.

Raghavendra D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wrushali,

there are a couple of ways to do it-

1. right click on cube 1 & create data sources ( replicate datasource) & use this as a datasource & BW as source system for cube 2, then you cam move all the data from cube 1 to cube 2. Once these two cubes are in sync then start takeing exsiting delta of cube 1 to both the cubes.

2. you can also use the PSA to start with, bring both the cubes in sync & then take delta to both the cubes.

PSA date does not impact loading.

hope it helps

regards

Vikash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Thanks a lot for imprompt reply.

In first way of doing so , I face the problem of not getting the characteristic for selection as it is not available in first cube.

I think second option should work. From PSA when I right click on the required request and schedule the update , it does give me option of selecting the data target. So I feel this will allow me to load these request to second cube.

Thanks again

With regards,

Wrushali