SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Characterstics Variants in SAP Retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created characterstic profile and assigned it to MC in SAP Retail with different characterstics and values.Im creating records and sending the records to SAP Retail from MDM using XI. For generic generic when im creating a record and trying to post the idoc (msg type ARTMAS), it gives and error message " No Characterstics could be found for Generic Article", and the idoc doesn't get posted. Following are the fields in Retail i have mapped to the source system:MDM for creating variants.

Msg Type: ARTMAS04

Segment: E1BPE1AUSPRT

Field: MATERIAL,CHAR_NAME,CHAR_VALUE.

Apart from this i have all the mandatory fields for basic data.

I'd like to know if im missing on passing some other field value in order to create variants, characterstics for generic type articles.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Manish

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manish,

please check the relevancy flag (KSML-RELEV), you can see it in WG22 in the overview of the characteristics on the right hand side. The value got to be '2' (Relevant to variants), if not you cannot use that characteristic for creating variants in that MC.

HTH, Axel

0 Kudos

Hi Axel,

Thanks for a quick reply. I have set the relevany indicator 2 only. See Im able to create variants when im creating article in ECC MM41 TC. But i have integrated Retail with MDM and im creating records in MDM and exporting data to Retail ECC. Its during this process im getting the error and not when im cretaing directly in Retail ECC..

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

not answered