cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix Pegging MTO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i have one question for fix pegging and MTO scenario. I have a MTO order and already a customer stock for this order.

Now i run the heuristic SAP_PP_019 for the fix pegging, everything is fine. After this i run a product heuristic and now the

system creats a additional planned order. Why?

I know that in a MTO enviroment a fix pegging make does't make much sense, but if someone can help me to understand why the system reacts like this.

We run a SCM 5.0 system

kind regads

Bernhard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bernhard,

Having nothing in strategy is normal. For a PP i.e. order creation heuristic, it is normal since the strategy settings can be picked up from the global settings, if absent.

You use the copy of Standard Lots. The issue you are talking about looks like a pegging issue. The pegging is normally controlled with the Reuse Strategy.

This reuse stratgey should be use timely recipets, since the fixed pegging heuristic uses the same. Then you can compare the output.

You can see the reuse strategy in basic settings of heuristic.

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i will look at this.

I asked my question, because if i use the heuristic SAP_PP_002 than i works and the only difference i see is the settings at the strategy tap.

But i will check your pruposel tomorrow.

best regards,

Bernhard

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bernhard,

For MTO materials you would not see the strategies in APO Product Master.

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i am littel bit confused or i explained it wrong.

1. i go to productview --> enter the planning version, product, location

2. go there to the product master tab.

3. at this tab i go to the PP/DS tab

4. click ther on the settings for the product heuristic

5. click on the pop up on the strategy

and there i see nothing in the field strategies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

assuming that both the orders i.e. the fixed pegged and the dynamic pegged one, have same start and end date/time, i think you should change the Reuse Srategy to 'Use Timely Receipts' in the heuristics that creates the orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

one thing i see today is that we have in settings for the heuristic we have maintained in the product master no strategies at the strategy tab.

Can this be a influence by MTO materials?

kind regards,

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bernhard,

What are the earliness and lateness maintained in the product master?

What is the eaerliness and lateness in heuristics maintained?

What is the reuse mode used?

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kedar,

1. in the product master Maximum Earliness/Latness of a Receipt 100.000:00

2. in the heuristic for the "Maximum Earliness of a Receipt" 1,00 and for the Maximum Lateness of a Receipt 0,00

3 for the reuse mode "Use Suitable Receipt Elemen"

kind regards,

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Which product heuristic are you using?

Please check the settings for your product heuristics, in particular for netting off of receipts. I checked for MTO for fixed pegging and then for MRP heuristic, but dint create second planned order.

Also, are you transferring your planned orders to ECC? I had experienced this problem, that when I transferred planned orders to ECC, and then re-run MRP heuristics in PPDS, second planned order was created.

Please provide details of your heuristics and what kind of material are you using.

Regards,

Bipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we use a Z heuristic with this functions if i do a PP/DS run from the productview window :/SAPAPO/HEU_PLAN_STANDARDLOTS.

I am not sure but i think it's a copy from SAP_PP_002.

In the background we use a heuristic with this function: /SAPAPO/HEU_MRP_PLANNING.

The CIF is working fine. Everything comes over to R/3 and back again to APO.

What do you mean with: "in particular for netting off of receipts" ?

Kind regards,

Bernhard