Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table does not contain visible column

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting following text displayed in the ALV table

Table does not contain visible column

I am not able to understand why this is happening? I have not made the columns hidden from user settings. Even the fixed columns are getting hidden.

Please let me know if anybody knows the solution for this.

Note: I can make the columns visible from settings but in that case all the settings done through code do not get applied to columns like column order, width etc. It should not happen at first place. Is there a SAP note for this?

Thanks,

Feroz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the cause of the problem.

I have reused same Component Usage to display two different tables(both tables have different column) since both the tables will not be visible at the same time.

I have used SET_DATA method of ALV interface controller to dynamically bind the two nodes.

Consider I have two screens Screen1 and Screen2 which displays data from Node1 and Node2 respectively into ALV tables.

User goes to Screen1 and hides some columns and saves the View as View1, moreover he keeps View1 as Initial view.

Now when User goes to Screen2 where same Component Usage is used to display data from some other node then Web Dynpro Framework finds View1 as Initial view and tries to render it but It could not find the columns from Node1(Since Node2 is now passed to SET_DATA method).

Therefore it displays the message "Table does not contain visible column".

The work around here is that User should not make changes to Standard View and it should be always kept as default View.

Let me know if anyone needs some more explanation.

Thanks,

Feroz

Edited by: Feroz Khan Pathan on Aug 31, 2009 7:38 AM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>The work around here is that User should not make changes to Standard View and it should be always kept as default View.

Actually the work around should be to use two seperate ALV Component usages. If you have two different places you use the ALV and they don't have the same underlying table structure, then you should reuse the component usage and set the different data. You can of course have multiple ALV component usages - and then the personalization/configuration is separated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input.

My project already went live and it would be a big change to use different component usage for each screen therefore I suggested that Standard View should be kept as Initial View.

>

> If you have two different places you use the ALV and they don't have the same underlying table structure, then you should reuse the component usage and set the different data. You can of course have multiple ALV component usages - and then the personalization/configuration is separated.

I did the same thing and I faced the problem.

I had to display ALV table at two different places with different underlying structure. Therefore I reused the component usage and used SET_DATA to set different data each time. But I faced the problem discussed above.

Therefore I think we should not reuse the component usage If we have two different places where we use the ALV and they don't have the same underlying table structure.

Even if we do that then Standard View should not be changed/edited by the enduser and it should be kept as Default/Initial view.

Note: User can not make changes to Standard View from settings link provided by ALV but he can do that from context menu. right click->user settings

Thanks,

Feroz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, the settings for colmuns using the coding are bypassed when SETTINGS option for hide/unhide is used.

Have you written any code to hide the columns(visibility as None).

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No i have not written any code to hide the column(visibility as none).

This is happening for some user only.

I think it has something to do with personalization because when i delete User's personlization data (from WDY_CONF_UDEF,

WDY_CONF_USER and WDY_CONF_USERT tables) the columns show up, but other personalization done by user also gets deleted :(.

Note that Users are not making all the columns hidden from settings. They are doing some other personalization like setting columns order, hiding some columns.

Thanks,

Feroz