Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quotation with ref to inquiry

former_member657193
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

i have created a inquiry with customer code 1001 (one time customer)

Now when i am creating a Quotation with reference to Inquiry, since when i have created the Inquiry with customer code 1001

i do not want to use the 1001 as the sold to party in quotation , Here i want to use a different sold to party 20001 while creating quotation with reference to Inquiry

While doing so i am not able to change th Sold to party code in the quotation document.

please guide me as how to create a quotation with reference to Inquiry where my Sold to party is different in both the document

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member657193
Contributor
0 Kudos

thnx for the replies

now i am using one time customer for all the INQURIES,

In case of Inquiry to quotation , there is no link , so when the quotation is created he created the initial master data and then process.

there is no link between IN and QT in document flow

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Go to T-Code VTAA. (Copy Control Details for Sales Docs)

Select the Combination of Target (OT) & Source (IN) Documents.

Go into the Header Copy Control Details.

Here under Copying Requirements There would be 001 (Header Same Customer) , instead you need to mention 002 (Header Diff Customer)

Also if required you will have do the same settings at item Level, if required.

This would allow you to enter different Customer Code at Quotation level.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh mehta

former_member657193
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As told i have maintained the following setting ,

VTAA - Header Level 002 (Header Diff Customer)

- Item Level 002 ( Header diff customer)

Partner function I have removed the Check for Sold to Party As mandatory.

I am still not able to make change to sold to party while creating quotation with ref to INQUIRY

Plz suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can not change sold to party when you are referring to any document in sales process, this is standard functionality and it should be like this,

There are multiple reasons behind this......

1. When referring inquiry to quotation, if your management wants to know how many ibnquiries by a particular customer has been further processed then what you will do, if you will change the SP.

2. If you will change the SP in quotation then why you are referring inquiry.

3. Its always says in sales process you can only change other partners but not sold to party aftert creattion and processing one document.

The option for you to Cancel inquiry and create that again.

Thanks,

Raja

former_member657193
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

Thanks for the reply,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

But here i have a specific requirement that the Client does not want to create Master record for every customer who comes for Inquiry, Here he receives 100 inquiries in day. so it also not possible to create the master for all customers.

In such a scenario, here he is requiring the possibility of changing the the sold to party while creating quotation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

For that we have the option of ONE TIME CUSTOMER. For inquiry purpose you can use them right? So after some time when you want them to proceed further you can create them as SP.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Plz verrify new sold to party shud be extend to the same sales area like u r want to copying from IN-QT

hope i have given right clue..

plz check and rectify me..

thanks

mk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Plz verrify new sold to party shud be extend to the same sales area like u r want to copying from IN-QT

hope i have given right clue..

plz check and rectify me..

thanks

mk