cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS DATES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

When i am going for save the project after scheduling i am getting the follwing error

Date conflicts exist. Check dates

Message no. CJ573

Please guide me to slove this error

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks to every one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Scheduling will take place by means of the normal duration of the activity which you specify and the relationship of the various activities.

If you want that the WBS dates shall fall under the dates of the activities, then you need to choose " Network determines date". On the other hand if you want that the dates of the activities shall fall under the WBS dates , then you can choose setting " WBS determine dates".

In a simple scenario, give only start date of the project in the project definition.Then Give duration to each of the activities. Additonally give relationship between trhe activities. Now, Scheduling can be done a Network header level as well as Project definition level. Schedule the network at Project definjition level. You will see that the dates of all the the WBS elements and scheduled dates of the activities will be populated. These dates will based on couple of parameters i.e Scheduling scenario & planning method ( which you can find in the Control data of project definition and Scheduling type ( in the network header ).

A very important note which will be befinicial to study is a consulting note from SAP , note no. 151551 " Scheduling of Network"

Depending upon the Patch level of your component, you may need to implement note no. 591833 and 945671 to get the correct scheduling data.

Thanks,

Dhruv kumar Malhotra

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Based on the scheduling Scenario using for your project and Planning board profile settings, system check the dates of all objects in a project and gives this type of message if any date conflict exits for WBSE.

If you are using Top down scheduling, Dates of all lower level WBS Elements must be within the dates of higer level WBS Element.

If you are using Bottom-Up Scenario, you have to check the constraints given at activity level and adjust accordingly.

Hope this clears you !!

Br

Hari.