cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Lot Size issue in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have an issue while creating planned orders manually in the planning book as it is not splitting into the lot size which was maintained in the product master.

Some details on the issue:

I have a product X and I maintained '4000' as the fixed lot size in product master. When I enter 20000 it should spilt it into 5 batches and which is not happenning and it is placing the entire thing as one bulk order of '20000'.

(If I run heuristics, it is splitting basing on the lot size maintained).

It was working correctly for 1 product and for many of the products it is not working. All the parameters for the products are same and there is no difference.

For the product which was working correctly for one user and for the same product if I try it is not working.

I probed more into the issue to see if any parameters were added in his profile, there is one custom parameter which is assigned which splits the planned orders basing on the lot size maintained. I even assigned that profile, it worked once and later it is not working.

The strange thing is for one user it works and for other users it doesn't even work for the same product.

Note: We recently moved from SCM 4.0 to SCM 5.1.

Did any one faced such kind of issues before? Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Murali.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I am surprised to read the issue. I will never expect manual planned order to get split. The lot size settings are applicable only for automated planning i.e. heuristic (MRP in R/3)

If you have indeed observed that the system splits the orders by lot size, I have nothing to comment. (probably that is why you did not get a reply for almost a day.

If you have found some settings and find that they do not work, please raise a message to SAP for the same.

I do not think system should split the manual planned order.

Regards,

Nitin Thatte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin - Initially I was also thinking in the same frame. It was working well in the older version, but recently we went live with 5.1 version and that's when this issue started occuring. Only one user reported and now couple of others....

Fyi - Our client have created a Custom parameter to do a split when doing manual planning, i,e if a user puts in a demand it should throw a promt whether it should split in lots or not?

I am not aware how this Parameter is defined? Where can I see this definition of the parameter which was defined? Any clues might help us out.

Thanks and regards,

Murali.